Gu Wenxuan was heartbroken when he saw that his wife was pregnant with their child, but she was getting thinner by the day. He secretly decided that after giving birth to this child, he would not have another child. One child is enough, and he must not subject his wife to such suffering again.

Needless to say, Gu Wenxuan's mother was overjoyed when the letter to the capital came during this period. Not only did she write back to care about Hu Rong, but she also asked people to prepare a lot of supplements, silk and satin, and send them over.

Even a nanny and medical girl for delivery have been sent over.

In a blink of an eye, it was the autumn harvest season. After the first three months of Hu Rong's pregnancy, the sickness was not so serious, and she was able to eat some more food gradually.

Gu Wenxuan had been concerned for two months, but seeing that his wife was much better now, and that the doctor said that it will get better, he was much relieved.

In the evening, the two sat in the dining room and had a meal together. Gu Wenxuan looked at the chicken soup on the table and filled a bowl for his wife. Hu Rong would never have been able to eat it before, but now it's okay to drink half a bowl.

She has been pregnant for four months, and since she regained her appetite, she has only grown some flesh and returned to her pre-pregnancy appearance. However, she is already slender, and even if she has recovered a lot, she still does not look like she is pregnant.

"Husband, I am much better now, so can I study with my teacher again? Don't worry, I will study for half a day every day, and I won't tire myself." After drinking the chicken soup, Hu Rong looked at Gu Wenxuan and asked.

Gu Wenxuan was picking up vegetables for her. Hearing this, he glanced at her and nodded in agreement. He also asked the doctor before. After the first three months, the fetal position has been stabilized, and there will be no mistakes.

Moreover, there is a female doctor at home who is proficient in medical skills and is good at treating women. She also checks her pulse regularly. After this month, she said that Hu Rong is in good health.

After Hu Rong recovered, Gu Wenxuan returned to the front yard to deal with political affairs as usual.

At night, the two of them went to bed after grooming, and Hu Rong snuggled into Gu Wenxuan's arms as usual. Gu Wenxuan gently stroked her back and abdomen with his hands, and looked at the person in his arms tenderly.

Even with his beloved in his arms every night, Gu Wenxuan still hadn't thought about bedroom matters during these few months of her being unwell. But now seeing his wife's health getting better day by day, she was much plumper than before, he suddenly felt hot all over.

Sensing Gu Wenxuan's body getting hotter and hotter, Hu Rong thought of something, and immediately got up and got under the covers, covering herself with the quilt.

Gu Wenxuan took advantage of the situation and hugged her. Now that the three-month dangerous period has passed, it is possible to think about it.

Hu Rong blushed a little, but remembered what Nanny Bai said before, for the sake of the child, it's better to avoid it as much as possible, so she moved away unconsciously.

"Rong'er, just lie down, I won't hurt the baby, relax," Gu Wenxuan kissed her cheek after finishing speaking.

Seeing that Gu Wenxuan's body was scorching hot and seemed to be unbearable, Hu Rong's heart softened in an instant, and she finally agreed. Gu Wenxuan was very gentle, and she didn't feel any discomfort afterwards.

Hu Rong concentrates on raising her baby in the backyard of the county yamen, looking forward to the birth of the child, learning the rules along the way, living a very comfortable and happy life, but the life of the Hu family is not so easy...

When the eldest brother of the Hu family harvested grain a few days ago, he harvested a lot of grain from the field of Widow Wang next door.

Widow Wang started a quarrel on the spot, and immediately lost her temper. She had been widowed for many years and had only one son under her knees. However, this child was not in good health.

The eldest Hu brother drank some wine with his brother before he went out that day, and he was in a daze. In the end, he, a big man, not only injured Widow Wang, but even Widow Wang's son twice.

More than half of the people in the village saw this, and the Hu family couldn't deny it. After Mrs. Hu learned that her eldest son had done such a stupid thing, her face was distorted with anger.

But there's no way avoid this issue. After all, his son has injured someone. If the Wang widow doesn't calm down and makes a scene, the village head would take over the case, then her son will be ruined.

Mrs. Hu politely and respectfully brought a chicken and a basket of eggs to the door, and also invited the doctor to treat the mother and son. Widow Wang was fine, but her son's condition was not as good.

The son has been lying on the bed for three days, the medicine soup has pouring like running water every day, and he had only one breath left and couldn't wake up.

Now, rumors continued in the village, saying that the eldest son of the Hu family had murdered the widow Wang's son.

Mr. Hu and Mrs. Hu have been bothered by this matter for the past few days. They even gritted their teeth and took a tael of silver to Widow Wang. However, Widow Wang not only didn't ask for the silver, but also said that he was her only son, if he really couldn't wake up, she would go to the county to sue and let the eldest Hu son pay with his life.

After all, according to the law of the court, the crime of killing people was paid off with your own life. Although this young child from the Wang family was previously in terrible health, he still had a good breath, but in this situation, it's not clear whether he'll live long, and the guy who beat him is the eldest Hu son, who the villagers witnessed doing it.

Seeing that her eldest daughter-in-law was crying, Aunt Hu immediately cursed angrily for a long time, and then kicked the eldest daughter-in-law.

"You are useless, you can't even protect your own man, what do you want?"

"Okay, now we need try to finding a way to wake up this boy from the Wang family." Mr. Hu was also very upset.

You must know that Mr. Hu and Mrs. Hu live with their eldest son's family, if the eldest son is gone, what will they do?

Even if they can live on their own, if their son executed for a crime, how can they live in this village? The parents of a murderer can't even lift their heads amongst the villagers.

What chilled Mr. and Mrs. Hu the most was that the remaining Hu brothers were aware that their oldest brother was in trouble and was blackmailed by this sick child. But they avoided them entirely for fear of being implicated by them.

That's right, Mr. Hu and Mrs. Hu felt that the Wang family was deliberately scamming them, since they knew that their Hu family was doing better now, they wanted their money.

After all, the Hu family was the poorest family in this village before, followed by their Wang family, but now that their family life is better, the Wang family is naturally jealous, so this happened. They took the opportunity of for their son to getting drunk to cause trouble. Yes, their honest son was calculated so badly, it was really unlucky.

This Wang widow still pretending to be noble, and all she wants is for her son to wake up, not one or two silver pieces to fix the problem privately. But the Hu family suspects her of wishing to get more money.

After all, it's only one sick youngster who may never earn more than a hundred wen in this life. Now that she had the upper hand, why would she bother asking for a few silver pieces that she wouldn't be able to live off of in the future.

However, Hu Rong didn't know about the troubles of the Hu family. Of course, even if she knew, she wouldn't care. Her parents sold her, and didn't care whether she was alive or dead, so she had nothing to miss about them.

All she cared about was learning things from her teacher in the morning, and making clothes for Gu Wenxuan and the unborn baby in the afternoon.

Now the underwear that Gu Wenxuan wears is all made by her, every time she thinks of the clothes she made, which Gu Wenxuan wears close to his body every day, Hu Rong feels sweet in her heart.