#3 - Athletically Humiliating

Ryan was a regular 13 year old school boy living in Norwich, UK with his mother who had her own restaurant in town. Ryan grew up with it, and had also become a part-time waiter. His father, on the other hand, was a tulip farmer in Dronten, Netherlands. Of course, Ryan was half British and Dutch, but mostly grew up in England with his father visiting them once every few years. When the weather was hot out in the afternoon, Ryan would most likely go cliff jumping with his friends to cool off, and overall, have fun while his mum did the prep work for dinner.

One day, Ryan's mother decided to move to the Netherlands because she wanted him to be with his father, and she found an opportunity to open a restaurant there. At first, he was sad that he was going to have to leave his friends, but on the other hand, he'd really want to spend more time with his dad. Fortunately, he had his friends' contacts saved, so there weren't that much issue. After saying bye to the UK, the mother and son flew to the Netherlands. He was a little worried that he was going to have some trouble speaking dutch, but he was able to speak it when he needed to. At least, learning a bit of dutch from his mother was very useful after all. When he saw his father, he quickly ran into his arms, leaving his mum behind. His dad then padded down his long blond hair while looking into his brown eyes. After that, they hopped into their car, and were taken to a lovely house on the out skirts of town where they unpacked their stuff. After Ryan finished unpacking his stuff, he flopped on his bed from the exhaustion.

The following Monday was Ryan's first day in dutch schools. The lessons were mostly in dutch, except his English class, of course. Although he could speak basic dutch, he still didn't understand some of the lessons. Luckily, a group of friends approached him, and they did a good job explaining the topics in English which Ryan was very grateful of. They were also excited to meet an English person which they had never met before. Throughout spring, Ryan was fully incorporated into the friend group, and became the 4th member which included him, Hendrik, Luca, and Olivier.

One day in the summer, he was invited to swim and dive in the various waterways in the Dronten. Of course, it didn't seem like he was on board with the idea at first, but he decided to start doing some dutch things. He wore his favorite pair of swimming boxers which were green and had white waistband which he wore on top of his underwear. He then wore his green pair of shorts and a black T-shirt on top while he was riding his bike to the park where the friends gathered. His friends then guided him to their usual spot which was very near his dad's flower fields. The friends then stripped down while they jumped one-by-one into a murky ditch. After a refreshing splash, they re-surfaced to try and get Ryan in. Since he wouldn't go in, Luca grabbed his hands, and pulled him in. 'Welp, who knew it was great fun.', he thought. The friends then moved on to another ditch after a few minutes. This time, Ryan went for a cannon ball first, and came up with his body covered in mud. Of course, his friends laughed, and made him very embarrassed. Underneath those muddy cheeks, they were glowing bright red. 'Should have carefully go in', he thought. Not wanting Ryan to be embarrassed alone, his friends dove in, and got equally as muddy. The boys then went to a river by Ryan father's flower field to rinse off the mud. Although he missed cliff diving from the flat Netherlands, he found an alternative which was jumping from the lowest deck of the windmill at his dad's flower farm which was about 4 meters off the ground into a river. His friends were scared to do it, but with a little guide from Ryan, they quickly got started with a casual pencil dive to start with. After a couple attempt, Ryan's friends felt comfortable doing it, and considered it to be great fun as well.

One day, as the friends were jumping ditches like usual, a man in his early 20s was walking pass the boys. He then asked "Hey, guys! I'm hosting a little competition here this Friday. Would you guys like to join? I need 2 people, and there will be some prizes as well. " The boys seemed interested, and after a little discussion, Hendrik and Olivier weren't that interested. Therefore, Ryan and Luca were the chosen two, and they really wanted to try it. "Great!", the man said. "The game starts at 2pm on Friday, so be sure to come to the city's sports hall at least about 30 minutes early." "Also, be sure to bring you swim wear because it would really get wet really soon.", said the man before leaving while the boys to continue with what they were doing. Ryan was still a little confused of why he needed to bring his swimwear, but thought it might include swimming or diving which might be the reason.