~look to the future~

"guys.....what happened"
silence.

when your engineer goes silent, it can only really mean one thing. millie sighed.

"ahhh fuck"

she could feel her eyes stinging.

"millie"
"lando?"

why was lando speaking down the radio?

"mil im so sorry"
"it's ok lan"

silence

"MILLIE NORRIS YOU ARE THE FORMULA 2 WORLD CHAMPION!!!!"

"AYAYAYAYA OHH MY GODDD LANDO STOP YOUR KIDDING RIGHT??"

"IM NOT MILLIE YOU DID IT. YOU FUCKING DID IT OH MY GOD!!"

she felt tears of joy welling up in her eyes as she was driving round the circuit to pull into the pits once again. She pulled up behind the number 1 sight and lifted her visor up. She wiped her eyes, still in shock of what had happened the tears from her eyes. This meant everything to her. She looked to her right to see theo pulled up behind the number 2 sign. his head hung low over his steering wheel. She could only imagine what he was feeling right now. As much as she had made an amazing bond with Theo, she had to focus on herself right now. She had won the championship. Her ban was lifted. She could race again. Permanently.

She slowly lifted herself to stand up, reattaching her steering wheel, before pulling hers left up and onto the front of her car. She celebrated like she never had before. Jumping off, she ran straight over to her team, jumping on top of them all. Everyone was cheering and patting her on the back. Moment like these with the team were bliss. Pulling away from the team, she saw her brother waiting with a group of formula 1 drivers. She took her helmet off and ran over to him, jumping into his arms. He screamed as he spun her around, congratulating her. He put her down before putting his hands on her shoulders.
"i'm so fucking proud of you millie i can't even explain it"
"thankyou lan. i love you so much"
"love you to mil"

she was congratulated by the other f1 drivers that were there before seeing fernando stood there. she walked towards him and smiled.
"im so proud of you pocket rocket"
"thankyou fernando. i genuinely don't think i could have done this without you"
"that's what i'm here for" he winks before pointing behind her "looks like fred is waiting"
she said goodbye to fernando before walking over to fred.

he put his arms out and pulled her into a hug.
"well done. i knew you could do it mil"
"thankyou fred. for everything. for helping me with my racing to letting me race for the rest of the season."
"what are friends for"
they smiled at each other before theo tapped her on the shoulder, making her turn around.

"well done champ" he said shaking her hand
"thanks vice champ" she said grinning.
he rolled his eyes playfully "come here"
they embraced each other in a hug.
"i hope we can race together again soon" he said
"me too theo"
"i won't keep you waiting. our third place sitter seems to be waiting."
"oh yeah who even got third?" she said turning around

there he was. his hair was slightly sweating and hung over his forehead, but his curls were still prominent. he had slight marks on his cheeks from his helmet and his race suit was pulled down and tied around his waist, his fireproof fitting him perfectly to show off his toned arms and chest. He was there and he was hers. In that moment she knew he was the one and the world should know too. She ran up to him, jumping into his arms and kissing him passionately for everyone to see. He kissed back before they pulled away.
"i'm so proud of you champ. i love you so much" he said, his forehead still against hers
"thankyou ol. i love you so much"
they kissed again before millie was pulled away for the live interview, hosted by the formula 1 world champion, max verstappen.