~1-2 baby~

prema_team

liked by frederikvestiofficial, charles_leclerc and 95,475 othersprema_team: we can confirm that formula 2 driver frederik vesti will no longer be able to participate in this weekends formula 2 sessions due to a broken arm after a crash in yesterd...

prema_team: we can confirm that formula 2 driver frederik vesti will no longer be able to participate in this weekends formula 2 sessions due to a broken arm after a crash in yesterdays qualifying season. He is feeling well and looking forward to recover. we can also announce that taking his place for the sprint race and feature race will be millie norris.
tagged: @frederikvestiofficial @millienorris

view all comments

frederikvestiofficial: looking forward to recovery and can't wait to see millie in the car💪🏻

millienorris: let's go team🤍
———————————————————————
millienorris

liked by pierregasly, arthur_leclerc and 89,649 othersmillienorris: f2 sprint race and feature race this weekend here in baku? yeah alright!tagged: @prema_team

millienorris: f2 sprint race and feature race this weekend here in baku? yeah alright!
tagged: @prema_team

view all comments

prema_team: let's bring this points!

olliebearman: she's back babyyyyy

landonorris: another 🏆 soon?
————————————————————————
It had been an incredibly hectic morning, from arriving at track early, to agreeing to drive the prema car again, to signing papers, to telling her brother and parents, to letting the fans know. Millie was exhausted before the race had even begun. After Fred qualifying P4 yesterday, she would start the sprint race P6 today due to the reverse grid.
She was stood in the main pitlane, waiting to be told to get in the car. She had her suit on and had completely zoned out.
"hey"
she jumped slightly as she looked up
"fernando? hi"
"i'm very excited to see you back in the car. i'll be watching from the balcony above aston martin"
"have you not got better things to do on a saturday?"
"i have pushed a few meetings aside. i enjoy the f2 and knowing your racing will make it very interesting"
"that's so sweet"
"well i'm a sweet guy"
a giggle escaped millie's lips
"listen, i don't like to be distracted too much before a race so i'll get going. good luck. oh and don't forget, into turn 1 you can break a lot later than you may think. maybe not on lap one but if your needing ti make up time or get past someone, keep that in mind"
he sent a wink her way and walked off.
"good luck today mil. you know you'll smash it"
"thanks Lan"
he gave her a hug and walked off. just as she thought everyone had finished, a red suit walked up to her.
"Ollie"
"Millie"
she stood up and gave him a hug
"i'm quite nervous for this"
he pulled back but keeps hold of her waist and looked directly into her eyes
"millie, you got in this car and won from P7 in saudi, with no practise atall. don't be afraid of this. your amazing"
"thanks Ol"
"Ollie, Millie, time to get in the cars and out to the grid"
they looked at each other one last time and wished each other good luck before climbing into their cars.
———————————————————————
It's five lights out and away we go! Millie got a good start. the start was chaos and she couldn't loose focus for second. a couple of cars i from of her hit the outer wall after turn one, just clipping their front wings but keeping going. this however slowed millie down, leading her to go round the outside of multiple cars into turn 2. looking in her mirrors she could see ollie right behind her, but holding position due to the amount of cars surrounding them both. By the end of the second straight, she had managed to squeeze herself into P5. Maloney, the race leader, had a puncture, and was slowing down. This allowed her to grab P4, still during the first lap.
By lap 3, there was a safety car due to a car stopped in an awkward place. This was on cleared up and they were off racing again.
A few laps later she passed daruvala ahead, putting her into P3.
Her radio started.
"Okay Millie we'll done. Just be aware that Ollie is setting fastest laps every time he crosses that line. he is on fire and will probably be making some moves to end up behind you soon. we will be allowing you to fight, but keep it friendly"
"copy"
Just as suspected, it wasn't too much later that Ollie also passed Daruvala, taking him into P4. She could see him in her mirrors.
Lap 14 led to a PHM car in the wall, bringing out the yellow flags. She slowed her pace down through that area. The safety car was once again brought out, this time for 4 laps due to the car being on track and on the exit of a corner.
Lap 18 was where everything happening too fast for Millie. She was weaving her way down the straight, trying to get some heat into her tyres ready to restart. Green Flag. Hauger held the lead down the straight, followed by Martins and then Millie. As they passed through turn 1, she saw Martins ahead go straught into the wall an Hauger go into it a few metres ahead. She avoided all actions and went straight into P1. In her mirrors all she could see was smoke.
"Guys what's happened"
"Hauger hit the wall, Martins in the wall and daruvala crashed into the back of him, leaving martins car on top of him. Leclerc in the wall, Pourchaire in the wall, Doohan out"
Her brain couldn't process what happened. Then she realised he said Leclerc and Doohan. She hoped everyone was ok but hearing arthur and jacks names sent her worrying.
"Is everyone ok?"
"everyone is getting out of their cars, exoect a safety car soon.
She was making her way down the second straight as quickly as she could but saw Ollie in her mirrors. She battled him and they were racing side by side.
"Safety car. safety car. slow down"
Both her and Ollie slowed down, and looked towards each other. They had no idea who was in P1.
"Sorry millie but Ollie was a nose ahead, let him into P1 comfortably please"
So close. She was annoyed but knew there would be chance to fight for it back. As they drove through the pitlane, she caught a glimpse of the incident. Martins car really was on top of the MP car. Reminded her of Hamilton and Verstappen at Monza in 2021.
She was looking forwards to going green and having a friendly battle with Ollie.
"okay millie, sorry to inform you but the race will end under the safety car, so that's P2. P2"
"alright, thanks team"
She felt disappointed but then looked ahead to see Ollie's car. He was about to win his first ever formula 2 race.
————————————————————————
She got out her car and went to celebrate with the team, before looking over and seeing Illie stood on his car celebrating. He jumped off and ran over to the team, jumping on them and hugging them. He then turned to her and gave her a huge hug, bith still with their helmets on.
"Well don't Ol"
"Thanks mil"
"1-2 babyyy"
"1-2 woohoooo"
The podium celebrations were incredible. being up there with ollie was all she could have imagined. He just had to win the feature race tomorrow to top every session of the weekend.
———————————————————————
prema_team