~bad news~

ohhh and that's millie norris in the wall. not the start to the weekend she would have wanted. the team are gonna need to work hard if they want to get that car out for qualifying.

"fuck fuck fuckkk i had no grip guys. so sorry" she said down the radio
"it's ok millie, the session has been red flagged. hop out and we will get the car back as quickly as possible so we can get some quali laps in"
"alright, thanks guys"

hopping out of the car she realised that it was near the end of the session. last she heard, theo was topping the times, which would give him a championship point. She looked over to the track where the black and red sauber academy car had slowed down and saw theo who gave her a thumbs up to check she was ok. she copied the action before he nodded his head and drove off. A marshall took her back to the pitlane where ollie came over to her.
"are you ok?"
"i'm fine"
"any damage?"
"just my ego"
he giggled
"still cracking jokes then"
she gave him a smile before leaning into his side
"9 point gap becomes 8" she said with a sigh "and my weekend could be fucked if the car isn't fixed"
"you will be fine honestly mil, the team are already working on the damage"

Championship standings
M.Norris: 220
T.Pourchaire: 212

—————————————————————
Millie found herself pacing up and down outside the prema truck in the support paddock, in her own little world. The stress she felt about qualifying was hanging over her head. The team had said the car would be ready but she knew there was a lot of damage to fix and not alot of time to do it. She didn't realise how zoned out she was until she walked into something...or should we say someone. she looked up to see the aussie smile of jack doohan.
"woah there relax. you know pacing doesn't count as your cardio for the week right?" he said with a laugh
she rolled her eyes at him
"sorry, i'm just stressing hoping the car is fixed for quali, cause if it's not they might aswell give theo the trophy now"
"come with me" he said taking her hand in his and walking off
"umm where?"
"you'll see"

he took her out of the support paddock and into the f1 paddock and over to alpine hospitality.
"umm jack" she said stopping him "let's just be aware that as much as your an alpine academy member and their reserve driver, i'm in a ferrari driver academy shirt and probably won't be allowed in there"
he smirked but before he could say anything...
"ayyy millie, jack how are you both?"
pierre gasly
"oh hi pierre" she said smiling
"what's going on here then?" he asked
"she's hella stressed and i thought she should be introduced to the blessing that is the alpine hospitality ice cream" jack said
pierre's eyes lit up before he smirked
"oh yes it is top tier, come on follow me. i'll get you in"

they received a few strange looks but when people noticed she was with Pierre and jack they just shrugged it off. They went over to the bar area and ordered three vanillia ice creams before sitting at a table, millie facing the two boys.
"try it mil, it's the best" jack said while digging into his.
pierre said nothing but just smiled as he ate his own. She took her spoon and took some from the bowl and ate it.
"bloody hell this is the best thing i've tasted ever"
jack and pierre laughed
"told you so" jack winked
the three of them sat and chatted for a while before her phone pinged

ol<3: where are you? x

mil<3: with jack and pierre why? x

ol<3: they want you to come check your car x

mil<3: be there in 10 x

she excused herself saying thankyou to both of them. jack offered to walk back to the support paddock with her as they had quali soon anyway. they both thanked pierre before heading off. She said goodbye to jack as they walked past the prema garage, him continuing on towards the invicta virtuosi garage. Walking in she hoped to see her car there and ready to drive, but when she saw the group of mechanics around the right wheel, she wasn't hopeful. Ollie spotted her and walked over, a worried look on his face.
"don't kill me" he said
"why...?" she said hesitantly
"well i asked you to come here and clearly it's not the best news so..."
"ol i'm not gonna kill you" she said with a giggle "what's wrong with the car?"
he gently took her hand and led her over to the mechanics. one of them looked at her.
"there's an issue with the connectors between the right front and the car, meaning the wheel is slightly wonky. it's drivable but it's not gonna be easy" he said
"well can you not just replace it?"
"it's a long job. we can get it done for tomorrow but there's no way we could do it for quali"
she sighed. either drive a dodgy car or don't qualify atall
"i'll have to drive it then, as long as it's definitely going to be normal tomorrow?"
"it will be don't worry"
"okay"

Her and Ollie walked out towards the truck to get changed and ready for quali. As they walked in he said "reckon you can stick it on pole?"
"absolutely not. the car is basically undriveable as it is. i need to get used to the corners so i'll probably only have one proper push lap. better than nothing right?" she said pulling her race suit on and tying it round her waist
ollie pulled off his ferrari shirt so he could put his fireproof on.
"have you seen my fireproof?" he said turning around "wow you got changed fast!"
"i'm quick" she shrugged "and i do know where your fireproof is, your just blind, but if anything i'm preferring the view without it"
the two of them laughed
"i'm hot i know, but i need my fireproof" he said
"fineee, it's under your helmet over there"
he placed a kiss on her cheek
"grazie amore mio"
she blushed at the italian words. the two of them needing to try and learn italian due to being at an italian team. safe to say ollie's skills were better than hers.

millienorris

———————————————————————

Her first lap out was nothing far from torture. The wheel being off meant she either had to steer less or more into corners, which made it almost impossible to stay on the racing line. The best lap she could put in was P11, which wasn't awful but wasn't in the reverse grid, which is what she was atleast aiming for.
"okay millie, box box"

She pulled into the pits as her engineer spoke again down the radio.
"we are putting a fresh set of softs on, you will have one lap. give everything"
"copy"

and that's exactly what she did. she used every strength in her to make the car go where she wanted it to before she crossed the line. She knew it wasn't the perfect lap but it would do.
"P2 MILLIE MEGA LAP WELL DONE"
"bloody hell how have i done that!! Who got pole"
her engineer went silent
"theo?" she asked
she simply heard a sigh down the mic, making her know that was the case.
"it's fine guys, without a broken wheel connector that could have been us. all eyes on tomorrow"

the 8 point gap was now 7..........