~team at home~

Friday brought qualifying to the formula 2 group. Theo had topped the morning practise session, meaning he had been awarded a championship point, closing the gap to just 6. Just before Millie got in her car, she saw a green speck coming towards her. She placed her helmet on the nose of her car befire making her way over.
"hola millie"
"hey fernando. lovely to see you"
"likewise, just wanted to wish you luck pocket rocket"
"thankyou fernando. oh can i ask you something?"
"yeah of course"
"why did felipe not take the formula 1 seat at aston?"
"i don't know. he had been speaking with some formula e teams and decided to race there. i'd imagine he will be back at some point"
"ah ok. so who's taking the seat?"
"i know there are a few people they are considering but i don't know what their decision will be"
"big boots to fill for whoever takes your seat"
"i agree. world champion material only"
she giggled before her engineer signalled that she needed to get in the car.
"good luck mil" fernando said before ruffling her hair and walking back towards the aston garage.
She pulled her balaclava over her head before hopping in the car and grabbing her helmet to put on.

"radio check"
"loud and clear baby. let's get that fucking pole"
"someone's feisty" her engineer replied
"this race is so important for so many reasons. i need a good weekend"
"go show 'em what your made of kid"
she smiled as she drove out of the pitlane and onto the track. she took a slow lap around the track and took in the scenery. She loved Monza. As she made her way round the parabolica, she started to speed up through the exit and onto the straight. She could feel the car picking up speed beneath her and she loved it. Monza was fast and it brought the thrill of racing to her. She did a couple laps before coming in for a tyre change.
"ok millie we are P3 at the minute. when we head out you will have time for one lap. elbows out, let's get good track position"

she did a few overtakes on her out lap until she found herself in a good position with distance to the cars ahead and behind. She pushed the car to its limits, riding off the curbs and hitting every apex perfectly to ensure the best possible exit. When she crossed the line she heard her engineer shout.
"POLE POSITION IN MONZAAAA"
"AYAYAYYYYYY LETS FUCKING GOOOOO"

Pulling into the pitlane she was happier than ever. She hopped out the car to embrace her team. They all congratulated her before she took her helmet off. Lando came over to tell her well done as he knew this would mean a lot. Ollie ran over and spun her around befire placing a kiss on her forehead.
"fucking legend" he said before giving her another hug
"where did you qualify?"
"P4"
"well done" she smiled
——————————————————————

millienorris

liked by prema_team, ferraridriveracademy and 284,733 othersmillienorris: pole position here in monza! mega work but still a big push over the weekend

millienorris: pole position here in monza! mega work but still a big push over the weekend. let go💪🏻🇮🇹
tagged: @prema_team
——————————————————————

Monza was a track well known for its overtaking, however the saturday brought non of that for Millie. The car didn't feel right from the moment she drove out of the pitlane. She ended the race in P12 having only lost positions and having to fight to keep herself close to the points. Theo's car was on fire and he ended up in P3 with fastest lap. an extra 7 points.