★ Auntie duties ★

The next morning I was rudely awoken by the sound of my alarm; and when I looked over at my phone on the bedside table, I saw Katie staring at me angrily on the other bed. I laugh at her as I turned my alarm off, and I stretched as the coldness swarmed me, and I shivered before getting out of bed. I looked at Katie and said "Come on, get up. We have to go to where my mum is staying, remember?" I hear her groan and I see her pull the covers over her head and turn over before I look in my suitcase for my outfit for today. I pull out a red jumper as it's getting cold in the Uk and some brown pants. I look over at Katie and see she is still in bed, so I go over quietly and I grab the blankets on her bed and rip them away from her as she let's out a gasp. "Come on, McCabe, that's 2 times I've told you I don't want to be late to see my mum and you take forever to get ready, so get up." I say to her before I go and grab my straighteners, and I plug them in as Katie walks past me into the bathroom and mumbles, "I don't take forever to get ready," before she closes the door.

I get dressed when Katie is in the bathroom, and then I start straightening my hair. I finish straightening my hair, and I head into the bathroom when Katie comes out. I turn around to Katie and say, "I'm going to brush my teeth, but I'll close the door so you can get dressed. Tell me when I can come back in." She nods her head, and I close the door, and I start brushing my teeth while scrolling on my phone and looking at people's Instagram stories. Once I was done brushing my teeth, I sat down on the toilet seat and continued to look at Instagram before I heard Katie say that I could come back into the room. I opened the door and looked at Katie, and saw she's wearing my green jumper. I shook my head at her as I sat down on my bed and put my shoes on.

"What are you shaking your head for?" I hear Katie ask me, and I laugh as I look at her.

"I guess I'm not the only one stealing clothes now," I say to her as I do the final knot in my shoelaces. I look up at her as she looks at her outfit, and I go over to her and tug at my jumper as I say, "This McCabe is my jumper, but you can wear it, I guess, since you let me wear your fleece yesterday." 

I walk over to my bed and I grab my wallet and my phone, and once I turn around to look at Katie to ask if she's ready to go, I see her already looking at me smiling and I raise my eyebrow at her. "Take a picture; it lasts longer, McCabe. Now come on, we need to go. I don't want my mum complaining." As we walk out of the room, I text my mum that we are on our way as we head to the lift, and I get a message back from her saying that she'll pick us up and to send the location of the hotel, and wait for her to arrive. I laugh a little as I put my phone in my pocket, and I look at Katie, who is already looking at me, and I say, "My mum is picking us up, so we don't have to get a taxi."

We wait outside the hotel, and I lean against the wall as I cross my arms. "Also, if my mum asks you anything you don't want to answer; just look at me, nudge me, or something so I can change the subject for you because you know how mum's can be; they can be all up in your business." I say to Katie as I look at her as she looks at me with a smile.

"Oh, honestly, I don't mind when I met your mum after the match; she was lovely," she says to me, and I smile at her. "Yeah, she is. I love my mum. I also saw you talking to Oliver and kicking the ball with him; it was sweet. Are you best friends now?" I ask her, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Actually, yeah, he was telling me he wants to be a footballer when he grows up too," she says with a smile. "Oh yeah, he's always comes to my games when he can, and he's always had a football at his feet, and even when my mum or dad tried to give him a basketball or a baseball, he would not entertain it, and he'd go back over to his little football, and we all knew that he'd want to play football." I say laughing at the fact that he loves football more than anything.