★ Tattoos ★

For the next couple of days at training and outside of training, me and Katie were surprisingly getting along nicely, which surprised a lot of people, including me but, it sparked a lot of questions among the girls, mainly Beth and Viv. After the second training session of the week, Beth and Viv came to my house and bombarded me with questions such as, "Is there something going on with you and Katie?" "Why are you and Katie suddenly acting all nice towards each other?" "Do you have feelings for Katie?" and so on. I kept shutting the questions down when they asked if we liked each other because we don't. We are just civil for now until Katie does or says something and I go back to hating her.

It was now the match against Aston Villa, which I was excited for since I get to see one of my friends, Rachel Daly, who I haven't seen in forever. I had dropped off Atlas at doggy day care as I always do, and Amber said she would pick him up so I wouldn't have to worry about rushing out after the match. 

After I arrive at the stadium, I walk into the break room with my bag, and I see Beth waving me over, so I go over and sit with her, Viv, Katie, Leah, and Lotte, and I say hi to all of them as I sit down on the couch next to Katie as it was the only empty seat, and she looks at me and smiles. She turns her phone on to check the time and I glance at her phone, not in a rude way, and I see her lock screen is a picture of her and Atlas that I took, and I smile.

 She turns her phone on to check the time and I glance at her phone, not in a rude way, and I see her lock screen is a picture of her and Atlas that I took, and I smile

"I love your lock screen, by the way," I say to her with a smile. "Also I wasn't looking at your phone in a rude way; your lock screen just caught my eye, I guess." I say quickly after, since it sounded like I was being rude by looking at her phone. Katie looks at me with a smile on her face and laughs slightly before saying,

"I know, don't worry about it, and yeah, it's my favourite picture. I can't lie to you." 

I smile at her as Beth speaks up and says, "How about you two? Are you feeling good about the match today?"

I nod my head before saying, "Yeah, I'm feeling confident about the match today, and I'm really excited because Rachel Daly is coming here and she's one of my good friends, and I haven't seen her in forever."

"You know Rachel? Small world." Beth says with a laugh before Jonas walks in and tells us to get changed and go out onto the pitch, and get some last minute training done since Aston Villa will be arriving soon. I place my hand on Katie's leg, and I push myself up from the couch before I feel her grab the back of my t-shirt, pulling me back down on the couch before she gets up quickly and jogs off to the changing room. I get up quickly and head to the changing room myself laughing a little.

Once everyone is changed, we go onto the pitch, and we start warming up as usual. I look over at Katie and say, "McCabe, do you want to have a quick race with me?" She agrees, and we both line up as Beth goes far up the pitch so she can tell us who wins without any arguments. Before we go, I kneel down and start to do my laces as Lotte counts down, and as she gets to 1 I pull Katie's shoe laces, making them untie to make her trip over them as I quickly run off, leaving her far behind. As I run past Beth, I look back and see Katie still running, and I laugh once she gets to Beth, and she runs over to me and grabs me by my waist as she says, "You're a little cheater, you know that right?"