★We make a good team★

For the next few days we all trained, went to the gym, and trained some more in preparation for our next match against Tottenham, and to be honest, I was dreading it- not the match but the fact I may have to see her. Her being my ex she supported both the men's and women's Tottenham teams and went to all the matches; I didn't go mainly because I was busy with football myself. I prayed every night that I wouldn't have to face her, and I hoped that God would listen to me for once.

I arrive early at the stadium, dragging my feet while carrying my massive sports bag, which had my kit inside, a spare change of clothes, and, other items I would need, such as spare bobbles in case mine snapped or one of the girls needed one, deodorant because I don't want to smell bad, and perfume because once again I can't be smelling bad. As I walk into the stadium, I walk straight into the break room and say hi to the girls that were already there as I set my bag down on the floor and I sit on the couch, waiting for the rest of the girls to arrive. 

Once all the girls arrive, Jonas walks in and tells us the coach will be here in about 10 minutes to pick us up. I set my phone down and start talking to Leah and some of the other girls about how we are all feeling about the match, and Leah turns to me and says, "Do you think you'll get time on this pitch this match?"

I shrug my shoulders before saying, "I hope I do, but if I don't, it's no big deal." 

We all finally get onto the coach after putting our bags away in the under compartment of the coach. The coach has tables that have 4 seats facing each other, which I thought was really cool. I hear Beth shout me from the back of the coach, and I look over and see her signalling me to come and sit with her and Viv, so I walk over and sit facing Beth.

"So is everything okay?" Beth asks me.

"Yeah, everything is fine; why'd you ask?" I asked her with a small smile.

"I'm just wondering because you didn't seem like your usual self this morning. If you need to talk, I'm here for you, you know that, right?" She says this to me with a smile while placing her hand on top of mine.

"Yeah, I know, thank you, Beth, but I'm all good, just tired; that's probably why I was acting so different," I say to her. I didn't want to lie to Beth, but I didn't want to seem weird about this thing because anyone else would shrug it off, but I couldn't I spent years loving that girl, and she threw it all away. I go on my phone and try to distract myself from the thoughts.

"Hey, do you mind if I sit here? I was last to get on the bus, and now there are no other seats, or I would've sat with Leah and that." I hear a voice say but I instantly know who it is from the accent.

"Yeah, sure, go on, Katie, no worries. I can't believe you would admit that we are your second choice." Viv says as I laugh a little while Katie sits in the seat next to me.

"No, you two aren't my second choices; it's just me and Leah had planned to sit with each other yesterday," Katie explains herself.

I look up from my phone at Katie and get a shock once I see that she's still wearing my hoodie that I gave her yesterday. and I smile. She can keep it, though I don't mind; I have thousands of hoodies and jumpers. I put my hood over my head and I rested my head on the window, thinking about all the possibilities that might happen if I see Eva. I hate that name, and she's the reason why. Eva. I have cried that name and shouted it because of all the arguments we used to have.

I get snapped out of my thoughts once I hear Beth say, "Em, are you sure you're okay?" and I nod my head as I look at Katie, who is staring at me with a worried look on her face, which makes me kind of feel bad.