𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕

━━━━꧁༻༒༺꧂━━━━

━━━━꧁༻༒༺꧂━━━━

𝑰𝒇 𝑰 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆, 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒊𝒕.

𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏.

━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 people inside Cid's solar, talked about the plan, that the older man is currently talking. "I must have misheard. You mean to tell me that the Mothercrystal's are the reason the world is dying? Are you mad?" Says Clive as he doesn't believe a word the older man is saying.

"I have been called that on occasion, but no. Not today." States Cid.

"We've all seen it firsthand. Empty wastes where once were green Meadows. Land drained so dry of it's aether, not even the rats remained. But where was it all going? I spent years searching for an answer, until I saw it standing right in front of me. There in the selfsame crystals we look to for their so-called blessing." Cid explains, as the three young adults looks at each other in disbelief.

"Alright listen. Take this crystal. How does it allow us to conjure magicks? Answer: By drawing ambient aether from the air. And where do these crystals come from?" Asks the man, "That's easy. They're mined from the Mothercrystals." A voice spoke catching all their attention, as their eyes landed on Gav who entered the solar.

"They're one and the same---although admittedly, this here fits more easily in the pocket."

"But the Mothercrystals are massive... Some as large as mountains." Stated Jill, "So you see the problem. Imagine just how much aether can be drawn by something that size. As to where it's all going, mind... Well, I can't know everything, can I?"

"We are taught that the Mothercrystals are divine---their aether a gift from the heavens. For centuries, nations have fought and fallen for want of that gift." Spoke the dark haired male, "If what you say is true, how did no one else see it?" He asked as he looks at Cid.

"Who says they didn't? Maybe the truth was inconvenient." Cid said, "Inconvenient to whom exactly?" Asks the shorter female, "Must probably the higher ups or gods themselves, but we never know." Says the albino haired woman, "That's right." Cid agrees.

"So now you want to do something about the crystals. And what? We're not helping Bearers and Dominants anymore?" Exclaimed the dominant of fire, "I didn't say that. I made a promise, and I intend to keep it. But if we continue down this path, there's only one fate that awaits the realm. And we can't very well set our people free if they're all lying dead in a Blighted ditch. Not if we want to create a place where they can live on their own terms, anyway. Sort of defeatsvthe purpose."