"You know I could be your tutor?" He asks to consider it.

"Oh no it's okay. Algebra 2 is okay it just goes very fast and gets harder problems each time. Right now I'm learning how to solve the powers of imaginary numbers."

"That is literally so easy." He states.

"That's because you're intelligent and make a good effort in your classes. I TRY to do them and study them every day."

"I know."

I know he did not just say that.

"What?" I question him directly.

"What? What you said is the truth." He recalled.

"Anyway..." I trail off. "How come you got off from school early?"

"I have four classes." He simply said.

Only four??

What classes does he take?

"What classes do you take?" I ask curiously.

"AP Pre-Calculus, AP English, AP Studio Art, and Spanish 3."

My jaw dropped down to the floor.

Three AP classes?

How does one do that?

Very interesting.

I hum in response and go silent for a bit.

Silence.

A long waiting silence.

"Aren't you going to leave?" He speaks up pointing to my car that's near me.

"I thought you were going to continue the conversation since I've been talking a lot."

Wait, have I been talking for that long?

"Let's do this, if I can have your number I won't have you be late back home if that's what your parents want."

How the heck did he know?

"Yeah, sure!" We both exchanged numbers and I got in my car to drive back home.

I feel a weird sensation around my stomach.

Am I hungry is that all?

Or hangry?

Because there's no way I could like Miles. Definitely not butterflies.

He's just a friend.

He's just a friend.

Is he?

...

Anyway, I park outside, and go to the staircase I arrive at the main doorstep to be greeted by my mom's tight hug.

"Good thing you're not late today I made your favorite dish!" My mom exclaims as she walks back to the kitchen area and pulls out Mofongo on the dinner table.

I quickly get dressed in comfortable clothes and come back downstairs within a minute. I take my seat and say our prayers before eating.

During our dinner, my mom asks, "How was school today?"

"It was nice," I simply say.

"Nothing new?" My dad adds.

"Nope!"

"You know you should hang out with your friends, call them to hang here and I can make something for you all." My mom suggests.

Not a bad idea.

"Yeah, I'll text them this weekend." I agree with her.

"Is it Naomi and Elle?" My dad guesses poorly.

"Noelle and Evie." I correct my dad.

We continue the rest of our dinnertime and then later we finish our plates and wash them in the dishwasher and place it in the dishwasher machine.

My mom and dad leave the kitchen while I clean the counter and dining table. I finish cleaning and turn off all of the lights and run to my room.

I do my nighttime routine and I return to my room area.

BZZZ!!!

My phone gets a notification and I check it to see a text from Miles.

Miles - Reconsider a tutor, then you won't have to have a B for Spanish 3.

Ramona - I'll think about it.

I shut my phone off and I get in my bed all comfortable while I read my book for five chapters. I get sleepy and I place my book back on my bedside table and I turn off my lamp light.

I fall asleep as soon as I shut my eyes.

■ □ □ □ ■

Author's Note: Heyy!!! Sorry for the week wait, I started school on the 7th of August so I had a lot of syllabus information in each of my classes. And yes, it's early to have school this week lol.
Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and...

Question of the day: What was or is your favorite subject in school?

Mine is math! It's easier for me than in any other subjects :D