Darkness to Light

Neylayā, Spider, and Kiri met up with Payakan and Lo'ak.

"Mother and father are down there!" Kiri informed her brother.

"We can go look for them, Kiri stay here." Neylayā says, and the group separates Spider goes alone while Neylayā and Lo'ak stay together. As the two swam deeper into the sunken ship they found their father, yet he was unconscious. Lo'ak wraps his arms around Jake's stomach and Neylayā helps by pushing Jake's back, while trying to reach an air pocket. Quickly Jake wakes up coughing up water and grabs a pipe on the ship, the kids watch from a distance treading water.

"Breathe Dad." Lo'ak says trying to calm Jake down.

"Neteyam?" Jake says with his eyes slightly opening. Neylayā's ears go down with the sound of his name.

"No dad, it's Lo'ak and Neylayā." Lo'ak replies softly.

"Oh Lo'ak-"

"Im sorry about Neteyam, it's all my fault." Loak says with the his ears down, Neylayā holds Lo'aks' hand lightly.

"Just Focus. Focus on getting out." Jake says sternly to his children. The water is slowly rising and their surroundings are getting darker.

"We are losing the air pocket" Neylayā says while looking around.

"Come on! We've gotta move, Come on dad." Lo'ak tries to grab Jake's arm. Jake winces and slowly moves up higher into the air pocket, trying to catch his breath.

"Y'all know, your way out?" Jake says, spitting water out of his mouth.

"I think so, but dad it's gonna be a long breath hold." Lo'ak replies.

"I can't make it." Jake says hanging his head lower into the water slightly shaking it. "You two can-"

"No. No."  Neylayā says under her breath cutting Jake off.

"We can't lose you to dad. Please." Lo'ak says, and his voice cracks mid sentence.

"You just have to slow your heart rate down, be real calm" Lo'ak continues with his hand out reaching towards Jake's stomach. "Breathe from here." Neylayā and Lo'ak start taking deep breaths instructing Jake they same way Tsireya taught them. Jake's eyes light up while looking at his children, he begins to take deep breaths as well.

"The way of water has no beginning and no end. The sea is around you and in you." Lo'ak says slightly smiling at Neylayā.

"The sea is your home before your birth and after your death. The sea gives and the sea takes, water connects all things." She finishes the rest of Tsireya's speech. As, the group continues to do deep breaths in between each sentence.

"Life to death."

"Darkness to light." Lo'ak finally states. Now the air pocket has gotten very small and everyone is taking in as much air as possible. "Last breath" Lo'ak says, then everyone sucks in a huge amount of air before diving beneath the surface. Lo'ak leads the way out and Jake follows behind him, because Neylayā is the best swimmer she decided to stay behind Jake. While swimming through the ship, suddenly a bunch of glowing fish came leading the way out. Neylayā swam in awe looking at the warm glow from the fish and thought thank you Great Mother. Lo'ak and Neylayā were dragging their father by his arms trying to paddle him to the surface as quickly as they could, they felt Jake running out of breath. Until Payakan swept his fin under the group and pushed them up to the surface, Jake began gasping for air and Neylaya patted his back.

"Hold on, just breathe!" Lo'ak yelled to both of them. "Thank you" he says to Payakan while touching his spirit brothers face. Jake can't help but look at his son and feel grateful, he then grabs the side of Lo'ak's face.

"I see you son." Jake says softly, Neylayā watches as her brothers' facial expression lessen.

"MaJake!" Neytiri yells causing everyone to turn around. They see Tuk and Kiri paddling next to her.

"Mom!" Lo'ak yells helping Jake pull Neytiri closer to Payakan. While Neylayā moves to the other side of Payakans' fin and helps pull Kiri closer as she hold onto Tuk. Neytiri and Jake look at each other for a short moment then hug.

"Thank you Great Mother" Kiri says softly under her breath. Then the family hugs while resting on Payakan's fin.

Sully's stick together.

It was our greatest weakness.

And our great strength.

-------------------

The Sully's arrive back on the rock that Neteyams body rested with Tsireya. Kiri covered her mouth and started to sob, while Tuk ran towards him and grabbed his hand pulling it towards her face. Neytiri fell down to her knees to cradle Neteyam's head and Lo'ak hugged Tsireya comforting her and thanking her. Neylayā and Jake came closer towards him but couldn't stand to see him like that, tears slowly ran down Neylayā's face.

"Monkey boy!" Kiri exclaims happy to see Spider was alive, he comes over to her.

"Are you alright?" Jake asks Spider as he inspects to see if he is injured.

"Yes." Spider replies.

"Come here." Jake says then hugs Lo'ak, Neylayā, and Spider.

A son for a son.

~~~~
Authors note
sorry it took so long for the update.