Chapter 15 ➼︎ Saying Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"So, he misses you" Jo tells me as she smiles.

"I miss him to, but it solves nothing" I tell her.

"Talk to Teddy" she pleads.

"No need" I tell her stubbornly.

"Courtships is serious, and Teddy would not just ask anyone" Jo has to say.

"Look please drop the subject of Teddy. I mean Laurie. I need some air" I mutter.

Tears come to me.

"Oh, Fiona you are as stubborn as I am! You are a March" sighs Jo.

"That she is" agrees Meg.

I rush outside. I spot uncle in the garden. He was taking a break by the table there. Enjoying water in a cup. Then I notice he was not alone. He was talking to someone. I quickly hide in the bushes. He was talking with Laurie. Why? I was not sure.

•✿︎︎•

"I miss her so" Laurie says. "I want to take things to the next level with her and that is why I had to talk with you today sir"

"I see that is good you came to me" says uncle. "what can I do?"

"I would like to ask for her hand in marriage but I have to ask you first" mentions Laurie.

He came to the father to ask for her hand in marriage. Jo's hand. He knew he was meant for Jo not for me. Tears come to me. I had to leave town. I could not stand by and watch this play out.

I could not bare this. I nearly trip as I walk to go back into the house.

"Is someone there?" uncle asks.

I say nothing as I run into the house with tears surfacing my eyes.

"Something wrong Fiona?" Meg asks me.

I brush back tears. I shake my head.

"I will be fine" I lie to her.

"I look forward to having you stay with me" Meg says.

"I do as well I shall be of great help to you" I remind her. She nods.

"Look I must go get something in town, do you want anything? While I go?" I offer. I grab my purse.

"Why not ask Jo to walk to town with you or John could drive you in our carriage?" offers Meg.

I shake my head.

"I need to clear my head and I walk will do just that" I tell her.

"It is hot you better get a hat or your face will get too much sun" she points out.

"True true, I will go do that" I answer.

•✿︎︎•

I go upstairs to the attic and get my hat. I could not leave and not say goodbye to my family. I loved them all. Even Laurie. I was going to miss them all I knew though now what I had to do. I grabbed a pen and quill ink. I sit down to jot a fast note.

I wrote this:

Dear Family,

By this time you know now that I have left. I will pay to have all my items mailed off to me. As soon as I can. I know Laurie is planning on asking Jo to marry him.

I overheard uncle talking with him in the garden today. I will be happy for you both. But I cannot stand by and watch.

It breaks my heart and I need time to get over Laurie. So, I bid everyone a fair well and I am going to get a train to go back home with Amy and aunt March. I will miss all of you. Maybe one day I shall be able to return home when my heart has healed. I am so very sorry I cannot stay.

Love you all....

Fiona

Tears come as I fold it up leaving it on the table where Jo wrote stories. I look around once more. Then brushed my tears aside. I hug Jo and Meg before going for my walk into town. I go to the train station.

•✿︎︎•

"Where to Miss?" asks the man selling tickets.

"One ticket to New York please" I tell him as I dig my money out.

I was off to there then off to a boat overseas.

"Very well. Last train today leaves soon about four you have a half an hour to wait" he informs me.

"That is fine sir" I say as I buy my ticket. I go to sit and wait in the station.

Last time I had been there I was so happy to meet my family. Now I was leaving them behind.

"I am going to miss you Laurie though you will not be missing me" I softly tell myself as my lips quiver and tears want to fall. I could cry on the train until then I had to hold myself together. 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Thanks for reading!

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
           мσяє тσ cσмє!!
           ------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|