Gryffindor honor

As Cassiopeia had foreseen, her schedule was filled with activities and incessant studies. She devoted a great deal of her time to the countless homework assignments that were requested. Additionally, she had the responsibility of solidifying her schedule as a prefect and captain of the Slytherin team.

But now a new challenge was proposed to the students: to perform nonverbal spells, not only in Defense Against the Dark Arts but also in Charms and Transfiguration classes. It was common to look around the common room or during meals and notice that the effort required to perform spells without uttering the incantations aloud left fellow students with flushed faces, as if they were suffocating. It was a sight to behold.

She was sitting at the table, carefully analyzing the list of students who wanted to try out for the team, observing each name critically. Pansy chattered incessantly about something that Cassi didn't pay attention to when the owl arrived, diving through the rain-spattered windows and scattering droplets of water everywhere. Cassi waved her hand irritably as Draco's owl splashed her a bit, but she soon broke into a broad smile when Trovão appeared among the other birds and gracefully landed on her table.

"Hello, dear friend," Cassi said softly, gently stroking him between the feathers behind his head. Trovão perked up and shook himself, drenching Draco, who cursed exasperatedly and ended up receiving a bite from the Harpy in response. Trovão didn't like foul language. That was precisely why he always bit Sirius.

Sirius...

Cassi shook her head to push away the tears.

Trovão brought several letters; it seemed that some parents wanted to bribe her to allow their children to join the team. Cassiopeia incinerated the letters without even giving them a second glance. The truly important letters were from her mother, Fleur Tonks, and Narcissa.

Cassi opened Narcissa's letter first with a smile on her face.

Dearest Cassiopeia

I must confess that I miss you at home. I've been very worried lately, especially about Draco. He hasn't replied to my last letter yet. Please, my dear, make sure he eats for me.

I've heard that there are many people interested in the Slytherin team, and I wonder how much of that is due to your own popularity.

I've arranged a vase full of Narcissus flowers and left it by my bedside. They are the same ones you like so much. Since you told me they were your favorites, I've never looked at them the same way again.

I believe that the owls will be checked, but I very much doubt that Trovão would allow anyone to read the contents, so... Dear, the Aurors are searching the mansion and watching over me like nannies. Your mother was exasperated when they took one of your bracelets from beside my bed to examine it.
She may or may not have traumatized Tonks with all her screaming; I still hear a buzzing in the distance.
The woman can outshout Walburga.

I miss you and count the days until I am blessed with your beautiful eyes again.

With much love,

Yours,

N.M

(...)

The tryouts for the team went surprisingly well. Cassiopeia was critical and almost jinxed more than one person when they tested her patience. She started with basic tests and asked the candidates to divide into groups of ten and fly once around the field.

It was a good decision to start with the first-years, as it was evident they were not accustomed to flying. Failed. Cassiopeia crossed their names off the list aggressively. Blaze seemed to be having a lot of fun watching a second-year candidate fall and break a tooth.