Saving Family

When they emerged from the Tunnel, Harry took the opportunity to have a chat with Sirius, while Hermione and Cassi attended to Ron's leg.

"Seems really painful," Hermione commented, concerned.

"It hurts too much," Ron grumbled, tears in his eyes. "Might have to amputate."

Cassi chuckled at this statement. "Madame Pomfrey will take care of it in no time."

"It's too late. It's ruined. I'll have to amputate," he asserted with a brave look, while Cassiopeia rolled her eyes.

"Thank you," Hermione suddenly said, leaving them confused.

"For what?" Cassi asked, raising an eyebrow.

"For always being on our side, even when we're being bad friends," she responded sadly.

"Mione," Cassi said softly, lifting her friend's face. "Do you remember what I said in the bathroom, in our first year?" she asked gently.

Hermione sniffled. "That you would always be my friend, no matter what."

Hermione jumped onto Cassi, hugging her tightly. However, in the process, she accidentally crushed Ron's leg, causing him to cry out in pain.

Cassi chuckled softly at Hermione's flushed cheeks, while apologizing profusely to the redhead.

Suddenly, the filthy rat appeared along with Lupin, absolutely desperate.

"Ron! Wasn't I a good friend? A good pet? You won't let them take me to the dementors, will you?" the rat pleaded, his hands trembling in fear.

"Girl, sweet, intelligent! Don't..." He said, reaching out to touch Hermione.

Instantly, Ron and Cassiopeia shouted in unison, "Stay away from her!"

Lupin, with a serious expression, grabbed Peter Pettigrew and dragged him away from them. His wand was menacingly pointed at the treacherous rat. However, before Lupin could do anything, Cassi saw the moon emerging from behind the clouds.

"Oh no," she whispered, pointing at the full moon.

"Harry!" Hermione shouted, drawing the attention of Sirius and Potter.

It was too late, Lupin had begun to transform into a wolf before the stunned eyes of everyone. His green eyes glowed with fierce intensity, and he struggled to free himself from the control of the animal within.

"Remus, my dear. Did you take your potion tonight?" Sirius asked with a mix of fear and hope in his voice, but he received no response. He grabbed Lupin, trying to restrain him and calm his fury.

"You know who you are, Lupin, deep in your heart. You know!" While Sirius struggled to contain Lupin, Cassi and Hermione rushed to help Ron get up, preparing for a possible escape if necessary. Peter, taking advantage of the distraction, tried to grab Lupin's fallen wand, but Harry was quicker and disarmed him with an Expelliarmus.

The filthy rat, Peter Pettigrew, simply waved goodbye with a malicious smile and quickly transformed into his animagus form.

Cassi tried to go after him, fueled by anger and the desire to capture him, but Hermione held her firmly.

"RUN, RUN!" Sirius shouted desperately as he realized that Lupin couldn't contain the transformation. Remus's wolf form threw Sirius aside and let out a terrifying howl towards the moon.

"Hermione, what are you doing?!" Cassi said in despair when she saw her friend approaching the werewolf.

"Professor?" Hermione called out, trying to establish a connection with the man trapped inside that beast. "Professor Lupin?"