Dumbledore Army

Cassi and Draco were walking towards the dungeons when they noticed the novelty that had already attracted the attention of a small group of students

A large notice had been posted on the Slytherin bulletin board; so large that it covered everything that was there: The reminders about the school regulations pinned up by Argus Filch, the Quidditch team training schedule. The new notice was printed in big black letters and had a very official-looking seal below it, alongside a fancy and clear signature.

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All student organizations, societies, teams, groups, and clubs are hereby disbanded.

An organization, society, team, group, or club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form them must be sought from the High Inquisitor (Prof Umbridge).

No student organization, society, team, group, or club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have organized or be a member of an organization, society, team, group, or club not approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-Four.

Signed: Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor.

"Well, now Potter's antics are over," Draco said with a broad smile.

"That means no more parties for Slytherin," Cassi whispered harshly, and Draco's eyes widened.

"That pink toad!" He said too loudly, and many Slytherins looked at them.

(...)

Cassi was in Snape's office as he carefully evaluated her work. The professor had asked her to visit for feedback.

"So, you have 8 'O's and only one 'E,' which proved to be a mistake and was changed to an 'O,' leaving you with the highest grade in all the assessments we've done," Snape said, looking very proud.

"I've noticed you, Ms. Gaunt. You don't need to stop to read a book; just look in your direction and flip through it slowly. You don't follow the instructions to the letter; you have your own method, and I'd say it's stupid if I didn't do the same at your age," he pursed his lips. "Your mother must be proud."

Cassi smiled at that. "I hope so, but she hasn't been responding to my letters lately," she looked down at her hands.

Something sparkled in Snape's eyes, as if he knew something. Before the professor could respond, a commotion started outside the room, and Snape rolled his eyes before walking to the door.