Season 2| Chapter 20

A/N:

So, I was rewatching Alice in Borderland, S.2 Episode 6, and I had to cry.

Again.

Because I watched the Beauty Contest Game.

I mean, Kuzuryu was such a cool character, his death was just so sad.

And when he said, "I'm finally free" or something like that, I died.

Well, onto the story~~~

A few days pass by as Chishiya and I stay put in his apartment.

We had spent these days comfortably, enjoying each other's presence.

Particularly I was very happy to spend time with him without being in a death game.

But, thinking back to the Jack of Hearts game... we had a good time there, honestly.

I blush at the memories for a few seconds.

As I look out of the open window, I take a deep breath, enjoying the fresh air.

But I stop and turn around when I hear rustling behind me.

"What are you doing?" I ask Chishiya as I look at him placing something on his bed.

I sit down next to him as he unfolds the piece of paper.

"It's a map." He tells me, shrugging.

Then he stands up and approaches his desk, taking out a stack of playing cards and sorting out seven cards.

Something clicks in my mind, and I understand as he comes back to sit down next to me.

"We lay out the location of the games that are left over." I state, and Chishiya nods.

"We can go up to the roof and do that. I think I still have some binoculars." He says as he grabs the cards, the map, and a glue stick.

As we leave the apartment and go up the stairs to the roof, I start walking a bit quicker to catch up with him.

"I did the same thing with Arisu and the others. I think I can only remember where the King of Diamonds was, though." I tell him.

"King of Diamonds? The hardest game of wits. I wonder what that game is..." He just says, a bit absentmindedly, making me laugh.

When we get to the rooftop, I do a full turn, taking in the overgrown surroundings.

It is unusual how fast everything is growing.

It still looks beautiful here, though.

So calm...

Chishiya quickly gets to work.

He places the map down on the floor again and hands me the card of the King of Diamonds and the glue stick.

"I trust that you've remembered the location correctly. I'll go look for the others." Chishiya says, grabbing one of the two binoculars.

My face flushes again, and I smile to myself.

Then I crouch down, thinking back to the map we had used when I was with Arisu, Usagi, Kuina and Tatta.

I try not to think about the latter again and look for a specific location.

My eyes wander over the map until they stop.

I open the glue stick, apply some of it to the back of the playing card, and stick it just above the letters on the map.

Supreme Court of Japan