3.

*Edited*

We decide to return to my apartment.

The cool night air clams me down a bit as we walk in silence.

It makes me get back to my most important question.

Why did we end up here?

Opening my door, I let Ray and Taylor go inside before me, closing the door behind the three of us.

"Do you think you guys can eat something, or are you too tired?" Ray asks, trying to take care of us.

What a big softie.

I shake my head.

"I think I'll go straight to bed, but you guys can eat something from my pantry!" I answer, before going to my room.

Collapsing onto my bed, I immediately drift off to sleep.

***

A few hours later, I wake up.

I check the time on a non-electrical watch that I once got from my mother, before looking out the window.

It's still pretty early.

The sun is rising right now, making the sky explode with multiple different colors.

My stomach growls, making me go to the kitchen.

I open my fridge, but immediately shut it again, being hit with a rotten smell.

Everything inside was spoiled.

Maybe because of the electricity?

I check in my pantry, but a lot of things in there are also rotten.

Ugh.

I open another cupboard where I had my canned food, knowing that wouldn't spoil that easily.

I take out a can of cut up pineapple pieces and decide to eat this as breakfast.

After finishing, I walk into the living room and smile, seeing Taylor and Ray cuddled up on my couch, sleeping peacefully.

They had their arms wrapped around each other, making me roll my eyes.

They really need to admit that they like each other.

They could make a cute couple.

But I shouldn't think about this right now.

I take out more cans of food, but see that I won't have enough for a long time.

I prepare the same 'meal' for them before thinking.

Hmmm

We could go to the supermarket and steal some stuff?

I mean, no one would really punish or yell at us, right?

"Hey, you two lovebirds! Wake up!" I shake my two best friends.

They slowly open their eyes.

"And stop making me look like a third wheel"

They quickly jump away from each other, now fully awake.

"What are you talking about?" Taylor stutters, blushing.

"Eh, it doesn't matter for now. Anyways, I wanted to tell you guys that we should better go to the supermarket. Most of my food is spoiled, I don't know what's wrong."

"Alright, let's go to the mall" Ray says, rubbing his eyes.

"Fine let's go, we can also get all the clothes, we could never actually afford~~" Tay said smirking.