chapter 11

Stephen's POV

Standing in the chapel pacing back and forth was the giant of a scott who was very much getting on my nerves at this point. Hes been pacing since this afternoon when he stopped me mid walk up the stairs to check on Maddie. Not that I need to as there is no way she can escape this, legally and by my guards posted everywhere in this town. I just wanted to try and catch a glimpse of her getting ready. I bet she is going to be breathtaking.

I spent the morning at the local jeweler whom I have done business with in my unsavory days. He had made a beautiful ring for Maddie out of an emerald I had procured sometime back. I was going to make sure everyone within 100ft of us knew she was taken with the ring I am giving her.

After running my errand and securing the ring, I was taken to the chapel by the red-haired scotsman where I have been ever since. Counting down the hours, Maddie should be done getting ready any moment now. As if on queue, he stopped pacing and looked at me.

"I'm tae get my daughter now," he said glaring at me, "just remember what we talked 'bout" and with that he pushed out of the building. When he was referring to was the conversation he had with me where he in more or less words said how he would chop off my bullocks should I hurt Maddie further, though I did not listen much as he has no authority to do anything to me.

Pacing a little myself I was stopped short to the giant walking back in with his wife, Briana, some other girl I did not know, his nephew and the man with one hand. I guess this wedding is now ready to start.

Maddie then walked in, looking anywhere but me. But I was looking directly at her. It was as if it were just her and I in this room. She looked absolutely beautiful. The green dress complimented her perfectly, and her hair was put up in a pretty fashion. She looked better than any fancy woman I have ever seen in my dealings with the governor. I can't wait to get her alone tonight.

The priest stepped into the room and had Maddie and I step together holding hands. I had Mr. Forbes here as well with the contract that we both had signed earlier this morning. The ceremony was fast, the traditional vows were said, the priest blessed us and gave us the approval to seal our marriage with a kiss.

Upon this, I noticed Maddie stiffen and look at me for the first time today. Her eyes held fear and contempt. She will learn to love me, I will just have to show her how life with me as a husband is better than anything she has ever had before. I was honest when I told her this morning that she will want fer nothin so long as she is a respectable wife.

"Comb now love, let us seal this marriage in a kiss" I prompted her, giving her hands a squeeze. The ring looked so perfect on her delicate finger. Gingerly she looked at me, stepping on her tip-toes, she gave me what she seemed to hope was a quick peck. I noticing her intentions, grabbed her by her waist, catching her off guard, and deepened the kiss.

Breaking the kiss, "there, now we are officially Mr. and Mrs. Bonnet." I smiled at her. She just looked at me and then quickly looked away. "Alright, well we should be leavin' then fer our wedding night" i say making a move to pull her with me.

"Wait! Please-" Maddie started before I cut her off by pulling her closer to me. I saw her family stand up to get closer as my men stepped up towards them. "Please Stephen, can I at least say goodbye, I will come but please let me say goodbye." nodding my head I gave the order for my men to back down and I let her go up to her family.

Maddie's POV

I ran over to Jamie and was immediately ingulfed in his arms, with Bree and Claire following the action.

"I'm so sorry nighean" Jamie said while stroking my hair.

"We will find a way out" Bree encouraged.