Inside The Outsider

Start from the beginning

    His body stiffened but quickly softened as he knew it was me; he flicked his cigarette and snaked his arms around my waist picking me up from the ground," You did so good." He glanced at me questionably," Are you kidding? I couldve gotten that bull but he flipped me off." " Those other guys could barely stay on for a second. You did great Dally, stop beatin ya self up over a bull. Hell he'll be someone's dinner tonight." My last comment made him chuckle as he passionately kissed me on the lips," You gonna meet me at the trail tonight?" "If you want me to." He kissed me one last time before puttin me down," I'll see ya tonight."

   He squeezed me tight against him; i kissed his cheek and started to walk away, i wasn't even a foot away as Dally squeezed my butt. I swatted his hand away and playfully glared at him as he laughed deviously. I eventually got away from the building and headed back home.

When i got to my house, i casually walked through the door, momma was on the couch watchin tv," How was the little rodeo?" I shut the door behind me and sat on the couch next to her," It was different but i liked it. Where's everybody?" Momma reached down and took a sip of tea from her mug," Ya daddy took your brother and sister to the park." " Why didn't you go?" She glanced at me with her eyebrows furrowed," You tryin to bring someone over here or somethin?" I shook my head," No, i thought you would go with them." "I needed a break." I layed my head on mommas shoulder and slowly drifted asleep.

"Diana get up it's time for dinner." Momma commanded. I drowsily got up and stretched my arms. I got up from the couch and went into the dining room. I sat beside Henry and ate dinner.

After dinner, i helped momma clean up and told everyone goodnight. I kept on my outfit that i had on today and slipped on my sweater. I did my usual routine and climbed out the window and proceeded to walk to the trail.
I wrapped my arms around myself since it was kinda chilly outside, i steadily paced along the side walk. Suddenly i saw a light gleaming in my eyes, i placed my hand above my eyes so i could see. The light came closer and closer, when it got near me, i could see it was an expensive car. As the car approached, it abruptly stopped," Aye, there she is!" I stood there confused, they immediately jumped out the car. Without hesitation i ran for it," Don't let her get away!" I was running for my life but my body couldnt take it, i began to unwillingly slow down.

    One of the guys caught up to me and tackled me to the ground. I fell with a thud, taking the breath out of me, the guy pinned me down and punched me in the jaw. I tried desperately to get out of his pin, he continued to punch me in the face. I could feel the blood in my mouth, the guy gripped my jaw tightly. The other guys caught up to us and joined in. Some got a few kicks to my gut causing me to cough up blood.

     Astonishingly, one of the guys order them to stop, i was grateful for a moment until he stalked towards me. He snatched my hair into his palm and forced my head up next to his," If i ever hear about you messing with my girl or any of my people, i wont hesitate to kill ya." He threw down my head and i hit the concrete sidewalk as they ran back and scurried off in their car.
I held my aching ribs , as i tried to crawl up the side walk. Tears trailed down my bruising face, i knew i was near the trail so i yelled from the little breath i had left," Dally!" I screamed his name once again but broke down clenching my ribs.

Dally's POV
I checked my watch again, usually Diana would be here by now. I stopped what i was doing when i heard a faint scream. I heard it again but it sounded like my name. I flicked my cigarette and rushed to the screaming person. When i finally got to them, my throat was caught up," Diana?" I hurried to her, i kneeled down beside her and tried to pick her up.

She silently whimpered and i tried to pick her up as gently as i could, but i was furious. I wanted to know who did this so i could kill them myself," Diana, who did this?" I questioned through gritted teeth. She continued to cry, hiccuping,"I-I don't know." I huffed in frustration, i had to get her somewhere safe so she can get cleaned up. Her house is the last place she should go. I thought for awhile but quickly came up with the Curtis' house. I carried her carefully and paced to their house.

I finally made it to the front of their house, i opened the gate and walked up the stairs. I went up to the door and knocked, no one came quick enough so i bursted through the door. Darry came from the kitchen and stared at me confusingly," What's going on?" I gulped," I need your help man." " Who is she?" I rolled my eyes," It doesnt matter. She needs your help," He gave in and pointed at the couch," Lay her down." I did as he said and gently placed her on the couch. I had to know who did this, and i know she knows. I lightly shook her to make her focus," Diana, you gotta tell me who did this to ya." Her eyes fluttered, her face was filled with pain," I dont know-"

" Baby come on you gotta tell me." I heard Darry go into the bathroom to get a first aid kit. He came back and stood near us," I dont know. They were some rich lookin guys." Her voice trembled. Thats all i needed to hear," Darry can you-" "I got her just do what you have to do." I nodded my head. I glanced at Diana one last time and headed out the door.

Normal POV
My site went in and out as i layed in the unfamiliar place. I examined my surroundings and came across a handsome guy. He was older and muscular, he had nice blondish brownish hair," Hey." I stared at him hesitantly," Hi." He took out the stuff from a first aid kit," You're Diana, right?" I nodded my head and he smiled," I'm Darry, Dally's friend."

He took a cloth and poured some alcohol on it," This might hurt a bit." He placed the cloth on the cut on my lip. It stung immensely and i winced in pain," Sorry." He continued to do this to the rest of the cuts on my face and placed band aids on then. He got some ointment from the kit and rubbed it on the bruises on my face. I lifted my shirt to reveal multiple bruises on my ribs, he rubbed some ointment on them too. He went into the kitchen and came back with a frozen bag of peas. He placed it on my swollen jaw," How did this happen?" I shook my head disappointedly," these girls at the rodeo, got their boyfriends and their friends to jump me, im assumin." He glanced at me sympathetically," I'm sorry this happened to you." I shook my head," It happens all the time, not as bad as this time but it's alright." He stared at me dumbfounded," It's not alright, this shouldn't happen to a good girl like you." " Not everybody thinks that. They see me as an ugly, good for nothin, diseased 'nigger'. " he lightly grabbed my hand," I see you as a beautiful strong girl and Dally's lucky to have ya." I smiled at him and he did the same," If you need anything, just drop by here anytime, alright." I nodded my head," Thank you."

Dally's POV
I ran to the rich part of town, hopin to find these dirt bags. I ended up findin them hangin out at this diner, they looked drunk out of their minds. The perfect time to ambush em, i joined in their laughter," I heard you guys were terrorizin those nigger kids!" They laughed even harder," Yeah man just got through with one of em. Bitch deserved it." " Seems pretty cool what you guys did," I started," But what im about to do is even cooler." The guy raised his eyebrow," Yeah? And what is th-" before he could finish his sentence, i punched him square in the nose. I nudged my elbow into another dudes face. Another guy came chargin at me but i slammed his body into the car, leavin a dent in it.
I picked up a beer bottle and smashed it onto the last guys head which knocked him out instantly. I left the place content with what i did, wishin i could do more. I hurried back to the Curtis' so i can see Diana and make sure she's alright.

Normal POV

I felt a little shake, i gripped the blanket that i didnt know was there," Diana get up." I glanced up at the person drowsily, it was Dally. I sat up from the couch i was layin on and tossed the blanket off me. Dally grabbed my hand and helped me off the couch, he guided me out the door; before we walked out i turned around. Darry smiled and waved at me, i did the same to him and followed Dally out the door.
While we walked down the street, i guess i was walkin too slow cause Dally scooped me up bridal style and carried me the rest of the way.
We finally got to house, he set me down and opened my window; he helped me in and climbed in himself. I sat on my bed and took off my shoes, wincin at the pain everytime i would bend down. Suddenly, Dally stood in front of me and gently removed the bloody sweater from my body.

He placed his hands on my waist and grabbed the ends of my shirt, liftin it smoothly above my head. I glanced up at Dally, only to see a stern hard look on his face, he softly caressed the bruise with his thumb," I should've killed em." He said through gritted teeth. I got up from my bed and went to the dresser, pullin out one of my night gowns. I slipped it over my head as it draped my body; i pulled off my pants and tossed them in my laundry basket. I went back to my bed and got under the covers, Dally laid beside me. I turned my body to face him," My parents are goin to flip when they see this."