TEN: Truth's journey

Lee Know found himself back on the top of buildings, panic and adrenaline coursing through his veins.

The evening was quickly approaching as he was a glimpse of the moon in the sky, the sun beginning to recede under the horizon.
Soon, all sorts of colors would adorn the skyline.
Lee Know's eyes lit up as he found his destination in the distance, a wide high rise building with a sign in the top right corner that said 'DISTRICT 9 HOSPITAL'.

He carefully planned out his approach- should he break in discreetly or just go through the front door?
He decided to just use the front door.
He descended down until he was in an alleyway, making sure the coast was clear before walking onto the sidewalk.
It had a lot of bushes on the way, as well as trees.
The area was decorated, ribbons in the trees with people's names on them and fancy artwork lining the middle parts of the streets, where cars drive on opposite sides.

Lee Know heard and saw all sorts of things around him, but he didn't wish to pay attention to any of it.
He reached the front of the Hospital, doctors walking around and some people being assisted, like people in wheelchairs.
Lee Know then went back to thinking.
If I was a patient here, then I must have been treated by someone, no?
He decided on finding that exact doctor, although he didn't know who it was.

He didn't have an appointment, and he didn't have any excuses on what he was there for.
The only option was to come clean about his Guardian status and make a 'Guardian-like excuse'.
He let out a deep breath and walked towards the door, but he was stopped in his tracks by a voice.
"Ah, do my eyes deceive me?"
He turned around, furrowing his eyebrows as he was met with a doctor with a large smile and long brown hair, who was surprisingly taller than him. She had on light makeup and a long doctor's robe, a black dress underneath.
She also wore stiletto heels and was holding onto a bunch of holo papers on a clipboard.
She took one more look at him before her eyes lit up.
"Lee Minho, it's you right?"

Lee Know blinked. Was this the doctor that treated him? Perhaps he didn't have to do much work then.
"Yeah. Hello, doc." he responded. She gasped and held her hand to her mouth in delight.
"Wah, you've changed so much! I haven't seen you since you left ten years ago..." she ushered him inside the hospital, to which he followed her.
His eyes scanned the grand foyer, trying to remember his surroundings.

The staircase spiraled up many floors in the cylindrical space, many rooms lined up on the floors. There was a large plant that fell from the ceiling to the middle point, full of leaves and flowers. Sunlight peeked through the domed ceiling, and many people were seen all over the place.
"Apologies, it's very busy here nowadays. Let's go to my office, it's more quiet there."
He quietly followed the woman towards an elevator, although it wasn't like the ones at HQ, they were more like the ones from many years ago.
They took the lift until they reached floor 18, which was a cozy area where other doctors were hanging out.

They greeted the doctor before she took him to the side, where there was a sliding door with a gold plaque on it that wrote 'OFFICE OF DOCTOR LIM BORA'.
Doctor Lim opened the door with her fingerprint.
The room was small but refreshing, the walls a nice lilac with lights running through the perimeter.
There were some paintings along the walls, the curtains closed and some light coming through from the outside. Her desk had holo papers and a laptop, the shelf behind the desk filled with items like surgical tools and the like.

A tube light hung over her table with a string that suspended it from either side and attached to the ceiling. There was also a cactus in the corner of the room.
She sat in her own chair, motioning to the chair across from her.
Lee Know sat down, Doctor Lim clearing her throat.

"So, what brings you here after all this time? Surely it isn't just to speak with me?" she asked.
"I..." Lee Know didn't know what to say. He looked around the room, and when he was sure there was no one recording them or watching them, he spoke up.
"You treated me here, right?"
"Yes, I did." she realized something was off, narrowing her eyes.
"You don't remember?"