Chapter 23- Going Home

GOING HOME

"I knew this would happen" a smirking Shikamaru greeted us as we entered the lobby.

Hinata and I just looked wide-eyed to all of our friends in the lobby, all giving us a mischievous smile. Why are they all here?

With the stuffed toys in my left arm and holding Hinata's hand with my right I knew what was all that smirking all about but decided to play innocent.

"W-whats the - the matter? dattebayou!" I asked plainly.

" You're stuttering Naruto kun" Kiba sneered, his eyes devilish as he add a depth in pronouncing the kun part.

"Burst the bubble lover boy" Someone tapped my shoulder from behind.

"Sasuke kun?" I heard Hinata voiced out who the culprit was.

"What are you doing here Stupid?" Isn't he supposed to be home by now?

"Well, you're friends were just too fond of me that they've decided to invite me over... Besides they love to hear more stories about your dorkness." he grinned and walks over to where Sakura was seating but before he can approached her he stopped, turned his head to me and showed me his smartphone. What I saw completely drained my blood out of me.

"Besides, ... we all have it documented" Sasuke gave me the most insane smirk I'd ever saw in my 16 years of knowing him.

One by one my friends bring out their phones and flash it towards me and Hinata, Hinata gasped as she gripped my hand tighter.

Their phones have pictures of me and Hinata at the park, in different angles, when we were on the bench, at the queue, playing games...  almost everything. I scanned each and every picture, luckily there were nothing from Cosmo Clock... I was a bit relieved.

"Seems like you two were too busy with each other that you haven't noticed us." Shino said.

Well technically I always failed to notice his presence but the rest of them? C'mon! They have been following us this whole time!!! AArrgghh...

"YOU GUYS!!!" they all smiled at me. "SASUKE!!!" I yelled, I know its his idea, he was the only one who knew where will I bring Hinata.

I let go of the stuffed toys and was about to charge him but Hinata pulled me back.

"Naruto kun," her face all red.

" Before you beat the heck out of me" he pulled something from his jacket's pocket and toss it to me, I caught it with my left hand, it was a small blue box.

I heard scratching sounds and I looked at my friends who were also busy pulling out something from their bags.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY NARUTO!!!!" all of them shouted with gifts on their hands.

I was taken aback, I did not expect it really, I looked at Sasuke who just smirked and raised his shoulders. Now I had no reasons to beat the heck out of him. Good planning stupid pretty boy.

Well, we do ended up in a ramen restaurant where we celebrate my birthday and to also announce that Hinata and I were officially a couple... Yes! I already have a girlfriend..can you believe that? coz I am still having a hard time believing that this is really happening.

"We already saw that coming anyway" Shikamaru scratched the back of his neck.

"Did we?" Chouji asked surprisingly with meat still in his mouth.

Everybody just laugh it off.

Back in our hotel I just can't put myself into sleep. I keep on turning and rolling on my bed, there is just too much to take, too many wonderful things happened in just one day... I turned seventeen and I got myself a girlfriend-for the first time in my life!.. the most beautiful girl I've ever met just became my girlfriend - How was that huh?. .I can't explain what I am feeling right now, happiness, and excitement, a bit tense ... a bit complicated but the feeling is wonderful. I rolled and sank my face at the center of my huge pillow and after a couple of seconds realizing that that position won't let be breath properly I rolled on my back so now I am looking at the ceiling, I stared blankly and closed my eyes but images of what had happened inside the Cosmo Clock 21 keeps on repeating on my mind, her beautiful pale eyes, her red cheeks that I cradled in my hands and her soft lips - my first kiss. I felt my blood rushing up to my face making it warm; I slapped both of cheeks as a flipped my legs alternately hitting the bed. -Geez Am I giggling?