37. The Kids Are Alright

Start from the beginning

"And you think that this is a case?"

"Well, I don't know. Could be."

Juliette let out a sigh. "I don't know, Dean. I–I–"

"All right, there's something better... better in Cicero than just a case."

"And that is?" Sam questioned.

"Lisa Braeden."

Sam sighed. "Should Jules and I even ask?"

"Remember that road trip I took, uh... gosh, about eight years ago now? You were in Orlando with Dad wrapping up that banshee thing. Juliette was doing whatever she was doing."

"Yeah. Yeah, the five states, five-day–"

Dean laughed. "Yeah. Well, kind of. Although I spent most of my time in Lisa Braeden's loft."

"So let me get this straight. You want – you want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?"

"She was a yoga teacher. It was the bendiest weekend of my life. Come on. Have a heart, huh? It's my dying wish."

"Yeah, well, how many dying wishes are you gonna get?"

"As many as I can squeeze out. Come on. Smile, Sam! Smile, Jules!" He grinned at his fuming wife. "God knows I'm gonna be smiling after 24 hours with you, Gumby girl." He chuckled to himself; Sam laughed too, a little while Juliette rolled her eyes. "Gumby girl." He frowned. "Does that make me Pokey?"

Juliette's jaw twitched. "Exactly what are you getting at here? Because you and I are married. Not you and this Lisa woman."

Dean took her hands. "Honey, you're always the girl for me."

"Then why do you want to visit this woman?"

"Making up for the wrongs in my life."

She nodded slowly. "Right."

"Jules, I promise, I won't cheat on you." He turned to their daughter. "Little Miss is messy." He wiped her face and she smiled.

EXT. MOTEL - DAY

Pulling up outside a motel, Cicero Pines Motel, in Cicero, Indiana, Dean stopped to let Sam out.

"Don't wait up for me and my girls, Sammy," Dean said.

Dean started to drive off as Sam was still pulling his bag out of the car, teasing him. Deanna giggled at her father's actions.

"Wait, Dean. Dean, you... Dean!" Sam called. "Juliette!"

Dean, Juliette and Deanna drove off. Sam was left standing there.

Dean, Juliette and Deanna drove through a suburban development, past houses being newly constructed and a sign for the "Morning Hill" neighborhood that noted "SOLD OUT!".

EXT. LISA'S HOUSE - DAY

Outside a nicely kept suburban house, with festive balloons, Dean rang the doorbell. Juliette, with Deanna on her lap, was in her wheelchair just behind him.

The door opened to reveal Lisa; late twenties, brunette, very fit. Dean smiled awkwardly and Lana pursed her lips; Lisa stared at him in confusion for a moment, then recognized him.

Lisa, with a big smile, exclaimed, "Dean!"

"Lisa. How's it going?" Dean asked.

"Wow. So, uh, how long has it been?"

"Eight, going on nine years now. Crazy, right?"

"Yeah. So, what are you doing here? Who's your friend and the kid?"