"And what about me?"

Her brows furrow. "What do you have to do with it?"

"What do you think about me?"

"I think..." That's the moment she felt the sensation of a sneeze. She closed her eyes and when she opened them, they were glowing and Vince was staring at her intensely. "I... I'm sorry." She squeezed her lids hoping to turn them off like a switch but it wasn't working.

"Nya," Vince's tone annoyed. "I don't care." He grabs the sides of her cheeks and centers her head to his. "What do you think about me and you? I'm not rushing you but I'd like to know what you are thinking. Where is your head at?"

She blinks and in confusion, denial, or panic says "There is no me and you." Her eyes finally fizzle out just as he drops his hands making her feel lost and long for his touch. His response was just a subtle nod that was as if to say that he understood, but his expression told her that something shifted within him that very moment. She found herself regretting her words but should she? Did she mean them? He gets off the bed and leaves the room without another glance or word back. Was he finally fed up? Did his patience finally run out? Did he finally realize that she wasn't worth it? It was only a matter of time. She was the complete opposite of what he liked. The complete opposite of Malina.

She gets out of bed and does her normal routine except she skips breakfast. It was a hot windless day that was dragging along when before training while she was sharpening her weapons it was announced that the alpha needed everyone in the auditorium for an emergency mandatory announcement. She follows the crowd and once there she stays in the back amongst the other rank 4's where she felt she belonged. Vince came onstage as quickly as the seats were filled and his expression meant business.
"Darks" he began. "Some of you know what's going on but not the depth... and some of you know nothing. "I stand here before you with regret to say that we are in the middle of War. The Rogues have gained a stronghold and many followers. We are likely their next target...here, our home. I believe when the moon is waning. Preparations for the pregnant and the children's safety have already begun. We need to be smart and organized. We fight or we die. There is no surrender. He takes a long pause and glances around at his pack. "I'm sorry it had to come to this, but we will fight for what we know is right, for the betterment of our race. We fight for our home." After another long pause and a deep breath. "Dismissed." He stalks off the stage leaving everyone whispering to one another.

He told her last night but all she cared about was her feelings when he was relieving some of his worries onto her. God, she was an idiot. Looking around at everyone's faces she realized just how serious this situation was. There wasn't one being here that wasn't fierce, willing to fight at a moment's notice but the worry and fear in their eyes made her realize that even the strongest were vulnerable. Their home was being threatened and Vince had all to worry about and she only added to his anguish.

That evening, most of the pack members started a fire by the lakeside and gathered around it. She and her sister sat on a bench with one arm around each other as they listened. Motivational speeches were given, stories were told, and songs played. That night there was no division of ranks. The pack members were United and rank didn't matter. Everyone had everyone's back. She was glad to be with her sister but she knew Lee would much rather be with her mate and looking across the blaze so would Beta Bent. It doesn't seem possible for him to take his eyes off of her. No one knew about their relationship yet and they didn't think it was the best time to share.

Nya searched around scanning the facings looking for Vince. She knew he wasn't there. She searched five times already. He was never there, but somehow her brain would go automatic and scan the room for him repeatedly. She thought about what she said earlier that there was nothing between them, it was an obvious lie. The shift in the way he looked at her she couldn't stop seeing it play over and over in her head. It was eating at her. What did she want from him? What was she looking for him to say and do? She didn't know anymore. "I'm getting tired, Lee." She wasn't lying. She was physically and mentally exhausted and she wanted to know if Vince was home. Pretty much everyone was there so why wasn't he? Was it because of her?

"Okay, I'll walk you back."

"No, stay. I'd like some time alone."

"You sure?"

She nods. "Sure."

The walk wasn't long but she hurried her pace. She told herself she wanted to get to bed but Vince is what she thought about. She hurries up the stairs and goes through the doors to find all the lights off. One by one she puts them on until she reaches near the study. The door was cracked open and the light was on. Her heart, which she hadn't known was pounding so hard, suddenly stopped racing. He was home. She was relieved. She grabs the door handle and peeked her head in to see him hard at work concentrating over whatever was spread out over his desk. She was going to greet him but pulled her head out with second thoughts. What would be a good reason to interrupt him, simply to say hi?" He has so many more important things he needed to focus on that she decided to just go to bed. She takes a quick shower and then gets under the covers. It surprised her how comfy she got so quickly. She must have been really drained because she drifted right into sleep.

Vince stood over his desk examining a map of all the surrounding areas and packs. The packs Axel has conquered were strategic. His every move says he was coming to Dark grounds and with land taken nearby it will be easy for them to lock Dark members in and surround them. Locations for healing and refueling would be in arms reach so they could continue a consistent onslaught until Darks were weak and break, or just give up entirely. He could feel the stress veins bulging from his temple and tension building on his neck. He rubs his nap to relieve some pressure. He had to come up with something strategic of his own. It would be the only way they stood a chance. They were heavily outnumbered, backed into a corner and their opponent was using wolfsbane. The future seemed grim. Just that instant he hears ruffled sheets and the familiar sound of Nya's little feet hitting the floor. The subtle differences in her walking alert him to the fact that she was sleepwalking but he didn't need that to know. He listened to her fall asleep and knew if she was up there was only one reason why. She was coming to him. She had a tendency to reach out in her sleep. Normally it didn't bother him. He was happy to oblige but today, it irritated him. The sounds of her movements grew louder and closer until she was pushing the door open and her glazed eyes bore into him. He enters his hands into his pockets and waits for her next move.

She blinked and gilded around his desk until she was standing inches from him. He kept his hands in his pocket although it was in his every instinct to reach for her. She smelled of lilac and spring rain which was intoxicating and there were strands of her hair resting on her eyelashes that he wanted to swipe out of view of her beautiful eyes but he didn't. Even as her palms made their way slowly up his abdomen and to his chest he didn't move. His breathing deepened, his heart accelerated but he didn't move his itching hands from their restrictive place. He had to control his inner animal at this point. Which as a wolf, how do you do that? Especially with your mate. Then her fingers glide over the veins on his neck as she circles it and pulls him down and tips her toes up. It took all of his restraint to give her his cheek to kiss instead of his mouth. "Nya." He whispers. She kisses him and then adds another kiss close to his mouth. "Nya." He states firmer this time. She adds another kiss right at the corner of his lips. It electrified him, like a zap, a jolt to his insides. He suddenly grabs her wrist and steps back. He had to contain his breathing before he spoke again. "If you want me to kiss you then wake up." Her brows furrowed like she was confused. "Wake up Nya! Wake up!"
She closes her eyes and when she opens them the dazed look is gone. He could tell she was awake and confused. She pulls her wrist out to his hold and steps back. "I'm sorry... I don't know I..."

He grits his teeth. "No, you're not." His tone came out harsh, confusing her even more. "If you want this then you have to be awake. If you want to give in to me then you have to be awake. You want to kiss me then kiss me, but no more of this." Stop denying to yourself that you want us, that you feel for me." He waited for a few seconds for a response from her, some sort of gesture that she understood, but he got nothing. It was as if she was frozen. Maybe he saw flashes of hurt and embarrassment in her eyes but chose to ignore it and walked off leaving her in the room alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you're enjoying 😊

Thank you for your support ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️