Chapter 19

"I'm not some pawn in whatever game you're playing." Nya glares at Vince. "Can't you see that it's not working, that she's leaving? She is not falling for it. She is willing to leave me here just to get away from you." She searched his features waiting, waiting for an explanation, for a response, a reaction. He didn't seem phased by her tone or accusations. He watched her as if he was the one who needed clarification.
She scrunches her brows together. "um... this is not going to get her back, Alpha... You..." it was getting hard to have a straight train of thought here. "You have to change..."

"I don't mind if this is what she wants."

"You don't mean that."

"Why not?"

"I don't understand." She looks down at her hand still being tightly held between his fingers.

"You don't have to."

"Is that the alpha thing to say?"

"It's the Vince thing to say... and you better watch that little mouth."

She bites her lips. "But... I have a right to know. You can't just keep me here without at least a reason."

He tugs her an inch closer making her gasp subtly. "Who is enforcing this law, Nya?"

The tone he used to say her name made the fine hairs all over her body stand on end. She blinks. "What am I like your slave now?"

The corner of his mouth lifts. "One thing is correct, you are mine."

Her lips part and air seeps in. "What?" She looked down at his hold still on her and needed him off. She pulls, and surprisingly, he slackens his fingers easily. His glare, however, turns into a wolf at feeding.

He takes an intimidating step her way. "You heard me..."

She automatically takes a step back but what she was thinking was how heat still lingered where he had held. She hated that she even noticed.

"You belong to me now..." he takes another step forward, making her take another back.

Waves were thrashing around in her stomach and her heart was soaring, but placid she remained. He keeps coming to her until before she knew it, her back hit the wall. He lays his forearms beside her head and leans in inches from her face. "You understand me?" In that very moment, she felt the sensation of a sneeze. She didn't hide it, didn't blink, didn't look away.
As she stares up at him, her eyes glow so brightly she could see them in the reflection of his pupils.

Butterflies danced within her when he simply smiled, brushed hair from her forehead, and watched as it fizzled out. "I won't stay here."

"Is that so? Well then, I dare you, try and leave, give me a reason to have my hands on you."

"Whatever you do, it wouldn't be worse than what's already been done to me."

"I'm not going to hurt you... and I'm not going to let anyone else hurt you."

"What do you want with me?"

His glare shifts to her lips. She hiccuped. What the hell is going on? She could swear on everything in God's creation that he wanted to kiss her, that he was looking at her with desire. He couldn't be... He hated her rank, he would never be attracted to a being like her. He would never do that to her sister. She must be imagining, she just must be. It was the blood. Every since his blood was forced into her body things have been odd. She can't deny anymore that she was feeling something because of it.

"I want... you to be compliant. Listen, and there will be no issues."

"Why would I do that?"

"Watson... is one reason. He is as good as dead and all of the other Slays are as good as gone. You name it, I'll do it. And then, I'll bring you back kicking and screaming. And I don't care who sees."