Ch 13.

Sam's Pov:

I woke up the next morning and did my usual routine. I took a shower, got dressed for the day, brushed my teeth, and sat down at my island counter to eat breakfast. I grabbed the remote and turned on the tv to the news. I had turned it on at just the right time because they were just now covering the man I killed last night. "Today a bystander was hiking and found this body at the bottom of a cliff. We've recovered the body that was almost unrecognizable due to his injuries but we've discovered his name was Steve Owen. He was wanted on many accounts for Sexual Assault and Sexual Battery. We found a suicide note on him when they recovered the body. The note reads, Dearest LAPD, I couldn't live with what I had done any longer. The screams of the women and children I did all those terrible things to haunted me daily and I couldn't take it any more so I decided to end it all. If anyone found me and is reading this note just know I got what I deserved. The sight was truly gruesome. He even went as far as to mutilate himself before he ended it all." They said and I turned off the tv. I got up from the counter and put away the cereal that I had taken from it's shelf and grabbed my phone and keys and headed out the door. I was about to step in the elevator when someone walked up behind me. "Colby, hey." I said. We still did Sam and Colby but not as often as before. "Hey Sam."  He said with a cold tone as we stepped into the elevator. "Did you have a bad night or something?" I asked, "I know it was you." he said, voice laced with coldness and a bit of fear, "What are you talking about?" I asked, trying to act clueless, "I know you killed him." Colby whispered in my ear making me shiver a little from his breath hitting it. The rest of the elevator ride was quiet. When the elevator got to the bottom floor, Colby and I stepped out. Y/n was there, she gave Colby a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She gave me her usual smile, so she didn't know yet. "Hey Sam, what are we gonna do for our next video?" Colby asked trying to act normal, "Oh I um, I don't know, but I'll shoot you a text as soon as I find out!" I said. Colby nodded and him and Y/n went back up and I headed out for the day. I needed to do some shopping. I went to the grocery store and got some lunch meats and stuff to make spaghetti. I needed to cook to distract myself from the fact that my best friend stole the girl I wanted and that I couldn't kill him because he means so much to me as does Y/n. Damnit Colby, why'd you have to get the good looks and I be the serial killer. Well anyways, I paid for my items and started to head home. On the way home I put in some earbuds and listened to music so I wouldn't hear the problems of the world. When I got back to my apartment I heard some yelling so I went to check it out. I walked down the hallway a little and heard where the yelling was coming from. It was coming from Colby's apartment.  I waited a little until I saw Y/n come out with tears all down her face. She saw me and out of nowhere she gave me a hug. "Y/n?" I asked but she just shook her head and cried into my shirt. "Would you like to go to my apartment and talk about it?" I asked in a soft voice. Y/n just nodded on my chest and I picked her up and carried her bridal style to my apartment. When we got to my apartment, I sat her down on the couch and draped a blanket over her shoulders. I went and fixed her some tea just like she likes it, handed it to her, and sat next to her. "Do you think you could tell me what happened?" I asked as I wiped away a tear that rolled down her porcelain-like face. "It's Colby, he-" She started to say but she bursted into tears again. I gently pulled her close to me and cuddled her. "Shhh, it's okay, you don't have to tell me if you're not ready." I whispered softly as I ran my fingers through her long h/c hair. She just cried into my chest for what seemed like hours even thought it was only 5 minutes. "Colby had a girl over." She started, "They were on the bed, half naked and kissing." She barely got out before she buried her face in my chest again. I swear to God I don't even care if Colby is my best friend, he shouldn't have hurt Y/n like that. Colby has to pay for what he's done. Him and that slut he had with him. I'll hunt her down first. Then I'll deal with Colby. But before I could do any of that I had to help Y/n first. "You can stay here if you want Y/n. I know you had moved in with Colby so you don't really have your apartment anymore and I'm sure you don't wanna go back there." I said to which she nodded, "I'll take the couch and you can have my bed okay. And remember you're welcome to make yourself at home. Stay as long as you need." I said before I kissed the top of her head. I was still pretty close with Y/n so I didn't see anything wrong with it. Colby kept the killings secret from her and made sure that she was protected from the truth. That was the agreement for him helping me get rid of the files that night. If it hadn't been for Colby, I wouldn't have been set free and I'd be in prison right now but after what he had done and how he hurt Y/n I couldn't sit by and let him get away with it. Of course, I wouldn't kill him. He is my best friend after all. After a while, Y/n fell asleep on me so I carried her to my room and laid her in the bed. I covered her up and went out of the room. Tonight there would be no sleeping but plotting and scheming. I pulled out my computer and quickly got to work. I wouldn't be able to do anything with Y/n around or with the murder I had just committed so I had to wait a few days but it would all be worth it as long as justice was served.

A/n: AHHHHHH HI LOVESSSSS!!!! I haven't written a chapter in SOOO long! Believe it or not I wrote this in under an hour. Anyways, I've been MIA because I haven't had the motivation to write. But recently I got motivation and I plan to update not only this story but also some others I've been working on! So, lovely readers, I'll see you all in the next chapter and hopefully in some of my other books. Love you guys!!