FYI: I'm Nobody's Pawn

Start from the beginning

"Yeah you're right. I'm just use to all of us being together."

"What about you, Milly? What is your calling in life?"

"It's stupid honestly. Thought about seeing the world a little." I laugh off the idea instantly. "But I'm fine staying in Sanguis Silvarum."

"You totally should! Start small with like a roadtrip."

"No, it's okay. Really."

"Speaking of trips, isn't Mr. B taking the Missus out of the country in celebration of their retirement?"

"Totally forgot about that, but yeah. I think he found a resort out on some tourist island to splurge on Mom for a month or two."

"Good for them. They both deserve it after dedicating so many years to the wolves of this pack."

"Agreed. "

"TYRANNI THE MOVING COMPANY HAS FINISHED! IT'S TIME!"

"Guess that's my cue." She sits up, and before she can stand I lunge onto her wrapping her in a bone-crushing hug. "Woah!"

"I'll miss you!"

"I'll miss you too Milly. Be safe and take care of yourself."

"Back at you."

We collect outside the house, waving off my best friend of 11 years. It would take some getting used to, not being able to frequently visit her. Looking at her sisters in tears, made me realize it would be a while for them as well.

This really was goodbye for now.

"You sure you'll be okay?" Mom asks once again, clearly second-guessing whether or not to leave the pack at all

"Yes." Draco and I harmonise.

"The kids will be perfectly fine. It will only be for a few months."

"I'm allowed to worry about the kids, Kayce. Goddess only knows what trouble can arise."

"Our phones will be on." Dad tries to mitigate Mom's uncertainty with logic but it's clear as day she'd rather be dramatic.

"But the reception might not be all that good."

"Mom everything will be okay." I lift up one of her bags placing it with the others in the trunk.

"See, My Moon. The kids can handle themselves."

"Alright. I love you both. Call if anything, and mean ANYTHING, happens."

"Lets just hope Ms. Vehicle Explosions over here doesn't get her hands on some gasoline and a lighter." Draco points out the incident from years ago with a deadpan expression.

"I've grown from that."

"Physically? Yes. Not sure mentally though."

"That's not very alpha of you to say." I mimic his monotone.