My journey came to an end when the crowd of people clogged the entrance. I pressed my back against the column nearby in an attempt to avoid the waves of students. It worked..partially. Everyone was so tall here. well, taller than me at least.

I stood there for a while. Just when I saw a glint of familiarity. I searched through all the pupils to find a parting in the crowd. That boy. That boy I fell on.

Instead of staying still and facing the painful reality of guilt, I pushed my way into the dining hall, somehow not falling on anyone once again.

It was huge.

The tall, painted glass roof curled into the centre of the room, where a chandelier hung. Its perfectly carved jewels and candles bounced their reflections on the wall, creating the most beautiful light display I have ever set eyes on.

My trance was interrupted by an older student; she possessed blonde curls and the most lavish clothing. It was likely that she was rich. 'Hey junior, do us a favour, stop blocking the way, and go sit with the rest of the lower sixth.' The girl pushed me by the head towards a lengthy table labelled 'lower sixth' and walked away, catching up to who I think were her friends. Ouch.

I took a seat in an empty spot by the very long bench where I had seen other students eating.
Eating. Right. Maybe not today? It should be fine. I looked back at the buffet table, where there were plates and plates of food being offered. Everything and anything I can't eat. I knew restricting myself from food wasn't really beneficial to my health at all, but sometimes you have a reason not to instead of to.

I almost caved, as I knew the entire convention was going to be torturous for me, but I pushed myself away from it. I'd rather this than the state I was in for the whole of last year.

I watched the hall fill up with buzzing students and the other table full of seniors enjoy their meals and conversations with each other. Just when I spotted the same girl that, uh, guided me to my table and the boy I crashed into earlier sitting side by side, the boy's friend was accompanying his left. They must be friends. That's cool.

"Aren't you a little spaced-out girl?" An older man sat down next to me. "Maybe a little," I admitted sharing a smile with him. "I'm Mr. Crichton. Lovely to meet you dear,"he held out his hand for me to shake. "I'm Sophie. It's nice to meet you." I shook it lightly before letting go.

"Why aren't you eating?" He asked, munching on the duchess potatoes he had on his plate.
"I ate some earlier just now, yes."
"Are you sure? I didn't see you with a plate." He eyed me with suspicion rising in his gaze.

"It's alright. Maybe you did. My peeps are getting old; I can't see them any more. Must've been busying myself with something. You're going to be one of them next year, you know." Mr. Crichton must've noticed I was looking at the seniors, seeing as he very obviously pointed it out.

"You should at least get some dessert, or are you against that as well?" He chuckled. I pursed my lips at his comment, allowing myself to steal a glance of the mini Victoria sponges and confectionaries displayed on the buffet table.

I stood up and walked to the buffet table, searching for an apple or something small to tie me over for the rest of the night. He might be right, not eating for over twenty four hours isn't healthy.
Just before I grabbed the apple, I spotted hurtful words in the air.

"-the new junior girl? In the brown sweater? Look at her calves; they're monstrous. But I'm sure she'll let you spend the night with her. She does have a pretty face after all.'

The same blond girl arched over the junior dining table pointing at me. Everyone's faces altered into ones that stared into me like I was an toy. I felt like an object being exhibited.

Monstrous?

I dropped the apple and sped off out of the room, away from the group who were ever so clearly talking about me. On my way out I could hear a female teacher calling after me, saying, "Where are you going?". I would've told her if I wasn't three seconds away from making a fool out of myself.

Tears pricked the brim of my eyes, threatening to make me cry in front of everybody.

I'll apologise later, when I'm not crying.

I rushed back to my dorm. The moment I heard the lock click, I began searching for a mirror to see my calves. I burst into the bathroom and stared into the mirror. My calves were monstrous, so fat and uneven. Tears fell from my eyes at the realisation of how ugly I looked.

They're so pretty; of course they think so.

A/N : I feel so bad for Sophieee :(
Bro Noah you better come and save her soon..

A/N : I feel so bad for Sophieee :(Bro Noah you better come and save her soon