15. Dream

Days went by but there was still no news about Jangmi. The ministers in the assembly went back and forth about initiating a war.

Mingyu was too heartbroken, he wanted to meet Wonwoo once again but Wonwoo stayed in the crown Prince's residence and his jealousy made him more stern to never meet the prince again. He  was scared to meet the prince  after the way he childishly left. He wondered often how was the prince holding up but at this moment finding Jangmi was more important.

The looming possibility of the war made Mingyu more anxious, but this was his only way to find Jangmi inside the enemy territory. Soon the royal court came to a decision to declare a war between both the kingdom.

Much to General Kim's pride Mingyu was chosen to lead the war in the Northern territory.

Mingyu wanted to meet Wonwoo one last time before the war but he started walking in the opposite direction the moment he saw those hazel eyes.

Wonwoo half screamed and half ran towards Mingyu the moment  he saw him "Where have you been?"

"Huh?"

"I uh..I am sorry for not telling you about Jangmi. I thought it was safer if less people knew."

Mingyu wanted to understand the prince but his anger boiled inside him "It was a simple thing. Jangmi was Nako's friend and  she knew something, you could have told me that. I would never harm her."

Wonwoo sighed "Things were not so simple. I uh.... yeah but you are right I could have at least told you that. It's my fault. I am sorry."

Wonwoo never apologized in his life as much as he was doing it to Mingyu. Not matter how much he tried to deny it, Mingyu had become a huge part of his life here.

He took a step towards Mingyu, he was the older one and he had to take the first step to resolve their miscommunications
"Mingyu...I hope you know that I never found you disgusting...Mingyu I..."

"There you are!!!"

A stern voice interrupted Wonwoo, he anchored his attention towards the owner of the voice.

The man walked towards them in confident strides and bowed to Wonwoo.

Wonwoo bowed back uncomfortably
"General Kim!"

The general's expression
was more relaxed as compared to the last time Wonwoo met him
"My Lord  Third Prince, are you perhaps bidding Mingyu goodbye. I guess you have heard the news?"

Wonwoo's expression became bitter the moment he heard the word 'goodbye'.

The General nevertheless continued in high spirits "The King is recovering. I just met him, he promised our Mingyu the position of General and the hand of Princess Hye if he is successful in capturing the Norhern parts of the enemy kingdom."

If Wonwoo's heart had anymore pieces to be broken it was now turned into powder "Oh. You are leaving for the war. Congratulations, I know you will do great. Be safe."

Mingyu hesitantly watched the Prince walk away, he wanted the prince to continue whatever he was saying. A mere word from the Prince made him feel alive again. The prince wasn't disgusted with him, and he knew it meant that the prince didn't hate him and probably didn't hate the kiss either.

He wanted to follow Wonwoo but his father's presence and angry gaze sliced all his courage and hopes.

He sighed as he walked along with his father "Father I am willing to take part in the war but I don't want the hand of the Princess."

"Are you mad!! She herself requested for your hand!!"

Even though he always obliged by his father but this time he was adamant to follow his own happiness. He knew the emotions he felt with Wonwoo and he knew he will never feel the same with anyone else.