17: Gator Country

(no title bc idk what to call dis)

(Update 1/14/24: I found a title)

Y/N's pov:

I was frozen in fear and confusion as I felt the ground shake beneath me as a green figure raced towards our area. 

"Oh, great," Moon grumbled. "Fuckin 'King of the Swamp' is here to show off and shit," Sun gave him a look. "Now, Moony. That's not a very nice way to talk about Monty," he scolded him. Moon only scoffed in reply. "Like he was ever nice to us," he mumbled.

Soon enough, the green thing that had emerged out of the water had just stepped onto the platform we were on. "I see we have some guests," he said as he eyed me. "What do you want, Monty?" Moon asked as he crossed his arms.

Monty gave a small chuckle and snatched the club out of Sun's hands. "Hey!" he yelped in surprise. "I couldn't help but notice you were playing some golf, but your little lady friend over here obviously needs some help from a professional, such as myself," Monty said.

Before I could object, he lightly shoved me out of the way and positioned himself by the ball. It took a couple of minutes, but eventually, he swung the club, and the ball went flying. I couldn't tell if it actually landed in a hole or not, but it was impressive regardless.

"Damn," I mused. "Don't encourage him," Moon said. Monty turned to face us and smirked. "What? Are you jealous because you can't beat me at golf?" he asked. "This is my turf, buddy. It doesn't matter what you or anybody else says. I am the best at golf, and nobody can take that happiness away from me," Moon was about to say something, but Sun put a hand on his shoulder. He was probably about to cuss him out or something.

"Uh, thank you for that lovely presentation, but I think we're doing just fine," Sun said as he forced a smile. Monty laughed in reply. "Oh, please. It wouldn't be right to allow our guest to leave uneducated," he said. Before I could protest, Monty grabbed me by the hand, dragged me to his place, and stood behind me to help me hit the ball "correctly".

"Now stand like this, and keep a firm grip on the handle," he said as he spread his legs apart a bit. I could feel Sun and Moon's eyes on me as I reluctantly followed the gator's directions.

After a few practice swings with Monty's guidance, he placed the ball in front of me. "Now try and hit the ball," he directed me. I sighed quietly and swung with all my might as Monty had told me.

The ball didn't go as far as it did when Monty hit nor into the hole. It got close, though.

"Well, look at that. You're almost as good as me~" Monty complimented me as he put his hand around my shoulder. "You should come by more often-" "ALRIGHT, that's quite enough golfing for today," Sun pulled me away from Monty and toward the exit. "See you around, then," Monty winked at me, further angering Sun and Moon. Sun's grip tightened around my arm a little, and Moon suddenly dropped out of sight.

"MONTY, YOU SORRY SON OF A-" "MOONY! LANGUAGE!!" Sun screamed over his shoulder as he covered my ears. "I'm sorry, Sunshine. I'll be right back," he gave me a small peck on the cheek before rushing back inside the attraction to get Moon.

I just stood in the lobby of Gator Golf for a moment, slightly stunned by Sun's actions. Was it an accident, or did he mean to do it? I don't know. To be honest, I didn't care. It felt nice to be shown affection after however many months I've been isolated in my house.

It didn't take too long for Sun to get Moon, although he was dragging him out of the golfing area as he shouted all sorts of threats and profanities at Monty before the doors automatically closed behind them.

"Moony, you can't keep threatening Monty every single time we see him," Sun said as he let him drop to the floor. "Oh, please. The gator's a bitch, and we both know it," Moon retorted as he stood up. "Besides, he was harassing Y/N. I know you saw that," he added. Sun just sighed and grabbed my hand. "Let's just head back to the daycare," he suggested as we left. Moon grabbed my hand as well, and we made the long journey back to the daycare.

749 Words