rivals? nah (hyunsung)

hyunjin and jisung are goalies in two different teams, almost competing one-on-one in every game to get their team a well deserved victory

but one day jisung gets beat up after scoring the winning goal, and hyunjin's reaction is surprising at best

discovering myself that I'm
a hyunsung enthusiast  :)

discovering myself that I'm a hyunsung enthusiast  :)

"Han?” Hyunjin said as soon as he saw him. He was leaning over the sink, rinsing his face.

In his team’s /locker room/.

He heard the younger sigh tiredly. “Leave me alone, Hyunjin .”

“You shouldn’t be here.”

I’ll leave, okay? Just—” Hyunjin swore he heard his voice quiver. “Just give me a minute.”

Jisung had some /nerve/ getting inside their locker room after scoring that last goal. They could’ve easily won during penalties, yet here they were.

Hyunjin crossed his arms over his chest as he observed the younger’s back. He had to admit the goal was fucking incredible. Jisung had always been talented, but scoring like that in the last thirty seconds of a game? That was the first time the other pulled something so great.

Hyunjin just had too big of a pride to tell him so.

“Alright, time’s up,” He told the younger, walking in his direction. “You really have to go before—”

When Hyunjin was close enough to see Jisung's  face, his own voice failed him.

The corner of his mouth was bruised, redness and a blooming darker color tinting his skin. There was a bleeding cut on his cheekbone as well, and judging by the faint splatters of blood on the sink, the wound was what he had been rinsing.

“I told you, just one more minute.”

“Who did this to you?” Hyunjin asked, reaching to carefully grab the younger’s chin and tilt his face in his direction.

Oh, Hyunjin was /fuming/.

“None of your fucking business,” Jisung retorted, stepping back from the older.

“Stop the bratty asshole act for once, will you?” Hyunjin said, and Jisung clicked his tongue, though he didn’t complain any longer. “Who did this?”

“Choi and Min,” He answered this time, eyes focused on the ground. “They dragged me here after everyone was gone.”

Hyunjin pinched the bridge of his nose. Of course it had to be the fucking captain and his excuse of a best friend.

“I’ll talk to them.”

“No!” Jisung  exclaimed and reached to grab Hyunjin's wrist before he could leave. “Don’t, they’ll know I told you.”

“Jisung , they fucking beat you up, and you expect me to be quiet about it?” Hyunjin asked in disbelief. “I have to /at least/ tell coach.”

“I’ll come up with something, okay? But don’t go. Just… just don’t leave. Please.”

Even Jisung's eyes seemed to be begging.

It was then that Hyunjin  understood. Jisung must be /terrified/.

“Okay,” He said at last. “It’s okay, I won’t.”

The older guided him back towards the sink and took a couple paper towels to help him clean the wound up.

“You don’t have to do that,” Jisung said when Hyunjin gently wiped the blood off the cut.

“It’s the least I can do,” He responded, carefully inspecting the busted skin. “They shouldn’t have touched you.”

“They’re just too prideful.”

“So am I, and yet I’ve never hit you.”

“You’ve always been better than them.”

Jisung's words took Hyunjin aback. “What do you mean?”

“They take the games too seriously but you… I don’t know, it always feels like just playing with you. Sure, we rile each other up, but that’s /fun/.”

“I rile you up because you’re annoying,” Hyunjin  joked, and Jisung chuckled lightly. “But yeah, I suppose you’re right. I wouldn’t say I’m that different though.”

“Trust me, you are,” Jisung insisted, now looking Hyunjin in the eye. “To me you are.”