Chapter 7 - She Has Her Ways (2)

Thanks a lot if you're still reading this! :) Hare's another chapter, enjoy :)

---

Chapter 7 - She Had Her Ways (2)

Hermione made her way to the library saddened by the rapid loneliness she felt. She couldn't believe how childish she had been and just wished that this was all some kindof a dream. No matter how hard she tried to tell herself that what she has done cannot be undone and that the train had already left, she still felt like she made the biggist mistake in her life.

Her continuous thinking almost made her pass the library. She quickly stopped and got in trying to get started. The librarian looked up from the papers she was looking at and glanced up Hermione, a look of shock visible on her face. 

"What brings you here?" She said aloud. "Surely the school year is over and the train has left already." 

"I'm just staying for 2 weeks," Hermione quickly said, feeling red in the face. "I wish to be ahead in my studies and get a head start for next year." She said more confidently, forcing a smile. She didn't like lying but what could she do?

"Right," began the librarian. "Good luck."

Hermione moved towards the end of the Library trying to be out of view. She felt so bad for lying and couldn't get herself to stop worrying.

Minutes have passed and she was still debating in her mind of what to do. She knew that lying was giving her a hard time so she actually got up and looked for books that would help her next year.

After 2 hours of continueous reading and studying, she left the library for a good walk around. She also started to feel quite peckish which made her go to the kitchen.

The house elves weren't so busy as usual and she was quite relieved to see Dobby amoung them.

''Dobby!'' She called in happiness.

''Aah, Hermione! Dobby is happy to see you. Dobby is wondering why you are here?'' He uttered. Feeling quite ashamed of himself for saying that, he slapped himself on the cheek.

''Oh no, stop!'' Said Hermione, grabbing his skinny arms. ''I was just studying for next year, you know? It's always great to know things in advance.'' She finished. ''Oh, and I am rather hungry!'' She quickly said, changing the subject.

''Dobby is at your service, what would you like to eat?'' He asked. She was glad he let the previous topic drop.

*

Hermione was in the girls' dormitory now, after she burrowed a few books from the library regarding Vampizards. Reading all of them got her quite annoyed; since they were all mentioning the same things. The fact that Vampizards were invincible yet you could hear them. Nothing else caught her of interest. She was about to shut the book when something on one of the pages caught her eye.

'..you could actually see them. There's a rare potion that could be made to enable vision of seeing them, but it is debated wheter it actually works. It is also said that the vision is limited, so you can only see them for an hour...'

This definitely surprised her. She was desperate to find the name of the potion and the ingrediants but it wasn't mentioned in the book. Disappointed, she made her way to the bathrooms. 

She didn't understand why she felt this way. She was willing to somehow communicate with Cedric; to ask if he was okay. That's the main reason she stayed behind. To find answers about his disappearance and even talk and see him if possible. She snorted at her stupidity. Why he even be here? It was certain she woudn't see or talk to him. Why did she even care? She had no idea. 

*

Walking out the the bathrooms, she took the long way of getting back to her dormitory. She even went passed the Slytherrin and Hufflepuff common rooms. As she made her way to the Ravenclaw common rooms, she heard whispers.

''She must be here. This is their place.'' Someone whispered.

''Well let's go in then.'' The other replied.

''Shhh''

Hermione was scared. There was no Harry and Ron to accompany her. She was also wondering if it could be other students that stayed behind like her, too. But that was't the case. 

After a few moments, she could hear the whispers again.

''I knew we were too late! They've left already.'' The initial voice said.

''Now that's a journey we've made for no reason.'' The other stated, as a matter of faculty. 

''Oh well, we could always try next year when they come back.''

''True.''

Hermione couldn't take it anymore. She was hearing two people communicating with each other but couldn't quite see where the voices were coming from, though they weren't far. One of them seemed to be familiar with the surroundings and all, the other just seemed to be tagging along.

''Hello? Who's there? I can hear you!'' She shouted.

''Well, well, well, I can smell a witch,'' The 'tagging along' one said. ''Looks like we can have a little fun..show me what you've got, witch! Do your spells.''

''I know her, she's in Gryffindor!'' The other shouted.

She ran, ran and ran and quickly closed the Gryffindor common room behind her.

''Don't bother, we can go through walls.'' Said the same voice and it was coming from the same room.

She gulped.

''Leave her alone, you're scaring her!'' Said the nicer voice. She could hear him clearly now.

''Cedric?'' She asked.

''Yeah, that's me..wait, you still remember me?''

''Of course! Everyone thinks you're dead.''

''Even Cho?'' She was upset when he mentioned her. That's why he was around the Ravenclaw place, he was looking for her.

''Yeah.'' she muttered. ''Can I see you?'' She asked before she could stop herself.

''Demanding, I like it.'' Said the other person.

''Sure.'' Cedric said.

He sprayed something on her, which made her think it was probably the potion.

She rubbed her eyes and then opened them. She began to screan but Cedric quickly placed his hand over her mouth lightly.

''Shh! He's only my brother.''

''Brother?'' she asked puzzeled.

''Edward, nice to meet you, young lady.'' Edward drew his hand. But Hermione didn't shake it.

''Hey, we really have to go,'' Cedric began. ''We'll see you another time, Hermione, isn't it?'' He carried on.

''Yeah, I'm Hermione.'' She agreed.

''You can shake my hand you know? Fine, see if I care.'' Edward scoffed.

''Bye.'' Cedric finally said, giving her a little nod.

And off they went. Hermione couldn't help but stare at their retrieving backs. She made her way to her dormitory, clearly stunned by what had happened. She thought about how Cedric's hand felt on her mouth...how he was being nice to her. All of those thoughts allowed her to sleep well even though there was some stuff she didn't quite understand.

+++

Sorry about the late reply. Hope you liked the chapter.

Don't forget to:

VOTE , SHARE

&

COMMENT :D

xx.Goldnsilver66.xx