23

Raeya's POV

I was waiting for Jungkook to come back from his office. He told me he might be a bit late and that I should go to sleep by 9. But I didn't want to. I can't sleep if someone tells me to. I can only do it when I have responsibilities I don't want to commit to.

All of a sudden, the door bursts open, revealing an angry Jungkook. But I didn't catch onto it at first. Instead, I ran to him like I always do. Just before I could hug him, he puts his hand on my shoulder and gently pushed me away.

"Not now, Rae" He says without even looking at me as he drops his briefcase. He goes straight to his room, his hands already unbuttoning his shirt.

It was strange. Was it me? Did I do something? I don't remember doing anything, I have been the best I could be.

I was confused. Should I go ask him or just give him some space? I mean, he always gives me the space I want, so I guess it's only fair I do the same for him.

I tried to shrug it off as I ate dinner alone, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. A part of me was worried, and another one was rewinding my whole life just so that I can confirm he's not angry at me.

I couldn't handle the wait anymore, I did not have the patience for this. I knocked on Jungkook's door. I didn't expect a reply, and I'm glad that I didn't, because nothing came from the other side of the door.

Just like he does, I opened the door regardless. I saw him sitting on the edge on the bed, his elbows on his knees with his eyes buried in his palms.

I got worried immediately and rushed to him "Kook... you okay?" I asked him. When he finally lift his head, I realised he was crying. I had never seen Jeon Jungkook cry. I felt overwhelmed, and I wasn't even the one bawling.

How do I comfort him? Before I could do anything, Jungkook pulls me to stand between his legs and hugs me tight, burying his face in my shoulder.

I embraced him back without a second thought, gently stroking his hair. "What's wrong?" I asked him. He was in no condition to speak. All I could hear was him sniffling and catching his breath.

I decided to stay quiet until he was calm. I massaged his scalp while his body slowly relaxed after being tensed for so long.

He finally lift his head to look at me, his nose red like a reindeer and his eyes puffy. "I fought with namjoon Hyung" Of course he's the bastard that would make my brother cry, I knew he was a red flag from the start.

"I adore him so much... but we got into an argument and we fought. I-i insulted him so much even though he was right the whole time. He said he forgives me... but I can't help but feel guilty" He says with a sigh.

Let's hope he Doesn't know what I was thinking. "It's okay kook... I've done so much shit to you too, but you never hold that against me, I don't think he will either. You're the best person on earth, don't feel bad because of a petty argument" I told him. Comforting people was hard.

Usually, I'd be the one receiving the comfort. I tried my best to be helpful and ease his tensions. He was such a sweet guy, despite his cold looks, he shouldn't cry over things like this.

"I don't know, I just felt guilty... he literally raised me and he's my role model. I feel like i disappointed him" He sighed. I smiled lightly and said "That's exactly the case with me too. You're my role model and Im scared to disappoint you. But you love me so you can't stay mad for long"

He smiled before hugging me tight "Thank you so much. You're the sweetest person I've ever met" He says. I was relieved I could comfort him or at least help him feel better.