20

Jungkook's POV

I remembered how much she valued sleep and how not being able to do it would make her really upset. I felt terrible. "Is there something bothering you?"

She nodded "Taehyung got a few suspects and they're all innocent. They're probably so scared right now, and not to mention, I feel like he's getting closer and closer to finding out who I am"

"You don't have to worry about it, boo. Remember what I told you? Just relax. Those girls still have it easier than you. Taehyung is very thorough when it comes to investigation, and he's mature about it too. He won't harass those girls mentally with his questions" I told her.

"Thanks, kook... if it's okay, can you stay here with me just a bit longer?" She asked hesitantly as she bit her bottom lip. "I can stay here for as long as you want" I said with a chuckle.

I lifted her and made her sit on my lap, facing me. I put her head on my chest and kissed her forehead. "Are you comfortable?"

She nodded before snuggling into my chest. "I love you, kook" She says before slowly dozing off to sleep.

I was happy seeing her this comfortable with me. She isn't hesitating or rejecting my affection, she wants more of it. A few minutes later, I called my hyungs back into the room, and we decided to hang out there itself.

She seemed like she was in a deep sleep, and I had my hand constantly patting her at a certain beat, so the chances of her waking up were low.

We were just talking until I realized that Jimin Hyung was awfully silent. "Why are you so silent today?" I asked him.

"I'm worried about Raeya" He says. I frowned "Why?" I know why she can be a bit worrisome, but what does Jimin Hyung know about her that I don't?

"I think she's hurting herself physically. The day you guys fought, I saw a little blade covered in blood, hidden under a few tissue boxes in the bathroom" Jimin says. My eyes widened "Are you serious?"

"Would I be joking about it?" Jimin deadpanned. I looked down at the little girl on my lap, sleeping ever so peacefully. I gently lifted up her sleeves and sure enough, some cuts looked just a few days old.

I was enraged. How could she do this after promising me not to? But it was hard to stay mad at her. I don't know how much she must have suffered when I ignored her. It's not right for me to be this angry when there was some fault on my side too.

I caressed her hair and kissed her forehead when I felt her move, a bit disturbed by my outbreak. "Go back to sleep, honey" I whispered to her.

"I'll talk with her about it" I told my hyungs. "Kook, I don't mean to seem rude or anything, but ever thought of sending her to therapy?" Namjoon Hyung asked, a bit hesitant.

Oh, I've definitely thought about it. But how can I make him understand that in therapy, you're supposed to open up? If Raeya ever opens up in front of anyone other than me, it won't be long before Taehyung and his team will be waiting outside the door with handcuffs.

"I can be her therapist. Although I'm not qualified, I think she prefers talking to me more than anyone. She just needs some love" I said, holding her tighter.

____

A few hours have passed and my hyungs have left. It's around 11 p.m. right now, and I was planning on spending the night in Raeya's bedroom, but she woke up as soon as I moved.

"What time is it?" She asked, her eyes barely open. "Eleven" My voice came off colder than I had intended. She noticed right away that something was wrong. "What happened?"