6

Raeya's POV

"Rae, I registered your name in for high-school, it's like fifteen minutes away" Jungkook says as he stretched on his chair, finally allowed to look away from his screen.

"Thanks kook, when do I start?" I asked with an excited smile. "In a week" He replies with a loud exhale. "You seem exhausted" I observed, making him crack a smile.

"Just a bit worn out from all the work. Should not have taken that week off" He says with a groan as he crashes on his bed, sprawled over it like a starfish.

I giggled and mimicked his position, but while lying on his back, making him release another groan. "I wouldn't be here if you didn't take the day off" I mumbled.

"Yeah, that would've been nice" He replies as he flicks me off his back. I rolled my eyes on him, making him chuckle.

"Now that you're going to school in a week, tell me, what stream do you want to take?" He asks, laying on the bed with his palms under his head.

"Maybe commerce?"

He frowned "If I remember correctly, you were always into psychology" I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly before replying "I guess people change?"

I sounded unsure myself. I knew exactly why he asked this, and it's an understandable question. I've always been fascinated by the human mind and all the different problems it can cause like mental illnesses and addictions.

It was no surprise that I had a hatred for commerce, and he would know that the best. I've expressed my hatred for maths and numbers since I was a kid.

"C'mon, something's up and I wanna know what it is" He says, poking my arm. I chuckled "I don't know... I just thought of taking commerce so that I could... maybe work for you someday?"

He seemed pleasantly surprised when I gave him my reasoning. "Work for me? In my company?"

"Yeah, I've thought about it before, but ever since I've been on the run, I stopped going to school so I dropped the idea altogether. But now that I can, I'm reconsidering it, what do you think?" I asked him.

"I think it's great, if that's what you want then go for it, besides, I don't mind getting another employee" He says, winking at me.

"Would I get special treatment if I become your employee some day?" I asked. I wasn't really looking for any special treatment, I wouldn't mind being treated like any other employee. I just asked because I was curious.

"Fuck no, I treat you just like I treat the others. And I have all the power to overwork you if you piss me off" he says with a cunning smirk as if he's already fantasising about torturing me.

I elbowed him while rolling my eyes "Yeah, then come begging for forgiveness when we get home"

He laughed before kissing my cheek "You know I wouldn't do that to you, Rae"

"Are you the type to overwork your employees in general? I heard you're a huge workaholic" I said, playing with his hair. "You could say that. I can't sit still knowing I have shit to be done" He hums a reply.

"Hm, so when do you have to resume work?"

"In a day or two" He says with a sigh. "You seem real excited to get back, Mr.Workaholic" I remark sarcastically, earning a glare from him.

"Just wait until I'm retired and you're just starting to make some cash"

______

"Rae, I'm going to the local library, wanna join?" Jungkook asks me as he grabs his keys and gets ready to leave.