|| Definition of a Prick ||

By the time I got out of the shower Katy had left for her first class at 10:15

By the time I got out of the shower Katy had left for her first class at 10:15. I wanted to do something nice with my hair for the first day but it's already 10:40 so to save time I just did a slick back ponytail. My outfit is plain as well, some low rise slack, a long sleeve cropped gray tee, uggs and my favorite Vivienne Westwood bag. Although the bag was really cute it fit nothing but the essentials. Instead of finding a more practical bag I carried my books in my hand, like a nerd.

To be completely honest I was a nerd. After classes I was probably going to go to the dorm and study till my head falls off my shoulders. As I step out the elevator I catch a glimpse of the vending machine. Maybe I should've taken Dorian up on his offer and gotten something to eat.

You haven't been productive at all today. You don't deserve any food until you have proved you deserve it.

Some days I am able to ignore those thoughts but today is not one of those days. So I passed by the vending machine and continued walking to the Science building. I am too excited about Biology.

I walked in a little early so I chose a seat in the 3rd row. I see an older gentleman with a suit on and I assume that's the professor. I scroll on my phone waiting for class to start.

"What's up guys? I'm Doctor McNeal with a PhD in Biochemistry. I have been teaching this class for god knows how long and I am excited to do it again!" He puts on a soft smile and rubs his hands together. He has a joyful and youthful energy that I already love.

"For our first class we will be doing a lab. My TA, Bryan, is a senior and he will be passing around the lab prompt. I assume you all have notebooks and you should all know proper lab procedure but feel free to ask Bryan for help. The lab will be due next week, feel free to work together just don't cheat. Save that for another assignment." We all chuckle at his final comment.

"Hey" Bryan says, handing me a packet. I shoot him a soft smile and take the packet. I begin to look through it when he speaks again.

"What's your name?" He says with a smirk on his face. The way he wears the smirk is kind of creepy, not like the playful one Dorian had today.

Ew, why am I comparing this man to Dorian.

I really wanted to get started on the lab, hiding my annoyance, I answered. It's not like he did anything wrong. "It's Andrea." I continue sorting through the packet, starting to take out my pens and beginning the lab in my notebook.

"Not very talkative, huh?" He continues to try and make conversation but I am just so not in the mood.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, I just really wanted to start my lab." I speak without even looking up.

"Ah the studious type, love you guys." I look up at the statement a little shocked. "You guys are like crab legs or something. Hard to crack open but so good inside."