Chapter XVI - 'Let's go on a shopping spree!' They said, unemployed.

Warnings: Nothing really, this chapter's pretty chill.

Rúnda (Definition): Magical, mysterious, secret, confidential

(Adjective / Origin: Old Irish / Ron·dah)

"You mean to tell me that the glowing ghost of a dragon popped over for a visit to give you your stuff whilst I recovered from a near-death experience?"

I had explained to Kay the events of last night, sparing no details as I recited the story from when I went to blow out the candle, to waking up and finding my trunk and bag in the wardrobe.

"More like lunged at me and gave me a new fear of wardrobes." I said as I folded the final top into one of the empty drawers. "It's like Middle Earth wants us to think we're going to die before letting us have anything nice."

"Tell me about it." Kay agreed as she touched the gash on her forehead that was now scabbed over.

I strained my ears to listen for Bilbo, and hearing the clanging of pots, I figured he was still in the kitchen. Making my way across the room, I whispered to Kay.

"We need to leave the dragon part out of the story when we tell Bilbo though. Can't have him scared shitless about something that happened in his own home. And if it even was a dragon, they aren't well received here."

Kay nodded, returning to emptying my trunk that was unsurprisingly still overflowing with stuff I had unnecessarily packed. Almost elbow deep she pulled out a black mass, and I gasped excitedly as she threw me my Toothless teddy. I walked to the head of the bed, tucking the soft dragon into the covers, amused at the apparent dragon theme that was repeatedly appearing. Turning around, my eyes landed on Kay pulling out a small wooden chest, it's length the about the size of a medium sized book. She side-eyed me with a stare.

"I didn't pack that." I stated, pointing at it.

"Sure you didn't."

"You think I'm gonna pack my whole witch box???"

To the Shadows that Cry Witch || Kíli DurinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara