Chapter X - DIE. But first, food.

Warnings: Mentions of Minor and Major Injuries from last chapter.

Jentacular (Definition): Of or pertaining to a breakfast taken early in the morning, or just about anything related to breakfast

It wasn't long before we were sat down on some comically small chairs, much to Bilbo's dismay as he watched us try to fit our legs under the low table, knees bending at odd angles

"I do apologise for the arrangement; we don't get many visitors from beyond the Shire." He explained as he pattered through to the kitchen, setting the kettle back on the fireplace hob to reheat after our prolonged wake up. "Let alone those of yourrr...." He gestured up and down whilst trying to come up with a polite word.

"Height?" I suggested.

"Yes! Height. I can't say I've seen much of your kind around here, besides the odd traveller passing along our borders." He told us, before beginning to trail off. "Also that wizard with the fireworks....."

"Gandalf?!" Kay spurted eagerly, suddenly attentive. It seemed the excitement was getting almost too much for the both of us.

Bilbo looked almost taken aback at Kay's sudden change in demeanour, his hand hovering whilst grasping a tea towel as he stared, before returning to pick up the hissing kettle.

"Well—yes." He replied, coming over to the table to fill up three cups with steaming tea. "I take it you know him?"

For a moment my eyes darted between him and Kay, my mouth open slightly as I came up with a convincing response.

"Well, no, not really. Sort of just..," I rambled as I waved my hand around slightly, trying to think of a convincing answer.

"—He's quite popular!" Kay interrupted. "Where we're from, actually, most people we know, know of him."

"I see." Bilbo frowned slightly, turning back around to return the kettle and hang up the tea towel. "Well, I haven't seen him round these parts in quite some time, but his fireworks I most definitely remember." He mentioned fondly, his voice trailing away slightly as he entered what I figured was the pantry.