But as expected from her, she missed the step in a haste, stumbling and almost falling to the ground, when my reflexes kicked in and I immediately brought my hand to circle her waist to stop her from falling, but on second thought, my hand automatically moved to the back of her collar, gripping it to stop her face being planted on the ground.

Utterly shocked, she stared back at me with wide eyes. Dazed for a second, I stared at her eyes closely; she had the most rare eye color I had ever seen in my life. It was a rare combination of golden yellow and light reddish orange, probably from genetics.

Her cheeks burned crimson red in embarrassment as she took in the position she was in, making her look like an innocent child caught red-handed.

I pulled on her coat collar gently to steady her, and when I confirmed she was standing firmly on her feet, I let go of her, sliding my hand back into my pants pocket.

"Learn to walk straight," I stated emotionlessly and walked towards my office.

"In my office, Lawson. Right now!" I said over my shoulder, before entering the office.

After a few minutes, she entered and stood right in front of me, her hands behind her back, and gaze downwards, resembling an ashamed child being reprimanded.

"May I ask, as your boss, what have you been up to these days? Not being present in your office; sending Ronald to give me messages, which should I remind you, is your job," I asked, intentionally emphasizing each word.

She glanced at me for a second and immediately returned her gaze back down. Repeating her pattern a few times, she stuttered, "I– I didn't... I didn't delay my work."

"Do you think you can do anything you want in this office just because you're not delaying your work? If that were the case, rules wouldn't exist, would they, Lawson?" My voice came out more stern than intended. Instantly, I noticed her body flinch at my tone, and she subconsciously took a step back.

Her reaction caught me off guard, leaving me rooted to my spot, finding her reaction quite weird.

Was she afraid of me?

The thought didn't sit well with me, causing a slight pressure around my chest area.

"I'm sorry!" I blurted out softly this time.

Her head jerked up towards me, shock written on her face. Not just her; even I was taken aback by my own answer and the soft tone of my voice.

"Ahem, work from your office from now on. You may leave now," I cleared my throat and immediately turned my back to her after completing my statement.

"Yes, sir!" I heard her soft voice before my office door opened and closed, indicating her departure.

What the heck is wrong with me? Why did I act like that?

I need to get her out of this office as soon as possible. She is a red zone... she always was!

*************

I glanced towards the open cabin, opposite to my office, watching Elysia busy typing furiously on her laptop.

I smirked to myself; your facade is going to drop sooner or later. I locked my office, opened my laptop and tapped on the security camera screen of her office, waiting for my plan to work.

A man in uniform walked into the executive floor with a box in hand. Walking straight to Elysia's office, he knocked, catching her attention.

"This is for you, ma'am!" He handed the box to Elysia, who looked at him with a confused expression.