☾ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12 ☼

|12|
Thank you, Mrs. Shaffer

I NEVER realized the comfort in solitude while you study in the quiet depths that exists in the library

When I was younger, I hated how awkward and tiny you felt as you would try not to make a loud step or an interruptive thump as you'd guide your fingers through the pages of a book.

Now, I find the library mesmerizing because of how collectively we all share a space so unmoving but productive. Since Val passed away, I never realize how forgetful I am of things that I'd grew used to. One being that Valerie and I's bedrooms were adjacent to each others—to which were very, very thin walls—and I would always hear the calming thump of her fingers playing through the strings of her guitar.

She'd say that the throb from the tips of her fingers while playing reminded her that even through pain created art, created bliss, and that kept her sane.

Considering all that happened, the guitar saved her in places that captivated sound in a lone room of depression that crept into her mind that no thing or person could harbor her from.

After her death, I never realized how her sound was my salvation, my corner, and quietness is all I know without her so why should I not dwell into it?

As of today, this marks the third week since I've been here—I feel like remotely nothing is interesting enough to report. After the weird guy Mister introduced me to everyone, he said I was free to go and that,

"We are always watching, angel. Make us proud."

Geez, I know.

Fucking c r e e p y.

I've been on edge since, but for the past week they haven't sent me anything so I guess I was too boring for them. Let's hope, universe.

Right now, I am sitting at a study table—which is my absolute favorite as it is the only table with a window view—as I reevaluate the project me "and" Tate did for our theatre class.

Mrs. Shaffer pulled me aside in the halls after lunch today because she felt as though Tate and I's points were completely separated from one another, and she believed we didn't successfully work together.

I wonder how she came up with that idea.

I bluntly told her that Tate force me to not work with him and to do different tasks to complete the assignment. It physically made me cringe to full out snitch on the parasite, but mission or not he was not going to ruin my GPA.

She told me to work something out with Tate and to complete the project by tomorrow morning, or she'll give us both an incomplete zero.

So, here I am in the library doing the project by myself because I couldn't be assed to finding Tate and forcing him to do this with me. Anyways, I'd done group projects by myself before and sailed with flying colors. I didn't need—