A few boys that Chaewon vaguely recognises as part of the jock clique usually seen hanging around Chaeyoung and the other senior cheerleaders look at Yunjin in interest when they step inside the house, one of them waving shyly at her, and it's a strange realisation. Yunjin is attractive. To Chaewon, she's always just been her goofy best friend, all long limbs and not enough coordination, but as they follow Haseul through the living room and then what appears to be a second living room in search of the kitchen, Chaewon realises she's having trouble tearing her eyes away from the curves of Yunjin's hips under her jeans.

Both the counter and the island in Chaeyoung's extravagant kitchen are covered with the largest selection of alcohol Chaewon has ever seen outside of the liquor aisle in a store, giving the guests plenty of options. However, Chaewon doesn't particularly want Soeun's vague threat of pulling her out of a ditch to come true, so she ignores the hard liquor and the soju and instead opts for one of the brightly coloured alcopops, a red one with a picture of a cherry on it, from one of the ice filled champagne buckets Chaeyoung is using as coolers.

Haseul takes a green one with a melon on it, Yunjin picks up a blue one with a raspberry on it, and the three of them trek back into the packed living room to try and track down Jiwoo and Heejin.

Heejin is apparently fully dressed up as Kaonashi in a blatant disregard for Haseul's rules, and Jiwoo, going for the exact other end of the Halloween costume spectrum, had announced in the chat she was going as a sexy Pikachu. When questioned in the group chat on what that looked like, she'd just responded pikachu but sexy, duh and then sent a gif of Pikachu fYunjinieping someone off.

/

The party continues, and it's not quite as terrifying as the rumour mill at school makes Chaeyoung's parties sound.

They find Jiwoo and Heejin eventually, they dance, they drink some more, they mingle with the crowd, and Chaewon thinks this isn't so bad. It's actually quite fun.

And then a group begins to gather in one of the living rooms — the smaller, slightly less populated one.

It consists mostly of the cheerleaders, miscellaneous members of the football and swim teams, various other members of the school's upper echelon that have the privilege of being on Park Chaeyoung's exclusive guestlist.

Somehow, Chaewon finds herself being pulled into this group, into this shape vaguely resembling a circle that is starting to form around one of the mahogany coffee tables, upon which an empty bottle of peach soju is placed.

Now this might be Chaewon's first high school party, but she isn't dumb. She's seen stupid teenage romcoms and television shows. She knows exactly what a group of mildly inebriated teenagers gathered around a bottle entails.

And so Chaewon's inaugural game of spin the bottle begins.

Chaeyoung spins first, and in a cute twist of fate lands on her boyfriend Hyojung, the captain of the football team. Jennie spins and kisses Jisoo, and then Jisoo spins and kisses Jennie, and there's clearly some tension there if the way they avoid eye contact after is any indication. Heejin lands on Jiwoo, which is hilarious enough as it is but made funnier by the fact Heejin refuses to take her mask off to kiss her. Jiwoo kisses Jeon Somin, the captain of the swim team, and yells pika pika right after. Haseul lands on Jungwoo, the boy she's had a huge crush on for months now and is subjected to a lot of nudging in the side and terrible winks courtesy of Yunjin and Chaewon.

Boys kiss boys, boys kiss girls, girls kiss girls. Nothing particularly scandalous happens.

And then it's Yunjin's turn.

Yunjin reaches out, spins the soju bottle, and lands on Changwoo. Changwoo, who Yunjin doesn't particularly like in the first place due to him being kind of a dick, and who is easily the most inebriated person at this party, barely able to sit up straight to try and leer at Yunjin.