"Trust me. No one cares about your holiday. Especially considering how we found out about your Mexican food intolerance." he winks at me and laughs darkly, almost satisfied.

Perhaps that's why I can't see him as my friend. Sometimes he enjoys it too much when other people get embarrassed.

"That's so fucking unethical." I openly state, not surprised but disappointed, "He just told everyone about that?"

My boss, another of Himchan's kind, has this tendency to put the spotlight on his employee's flaws. He adores making them parade in a never-ending type of humiliation of all sorts. Could be professional. Could be personal. You choose.

I started to believe I was the crazy one and that my intuition compass was broken because, for an inexplicable reason, I felt there was something good about him. Either compassion, mercy, or benevolence. Perhaps empathy too?

But none of those for us. He was keeping them for someone else.

"Oh, no, no," Himchan continues, "Those pretty Brazilian lips of his remained sealed for his favorite," he winks again, and I want to throw the hot coffee all over his pink, unironed shirt, "It happened for Eunji to be in his office when your boyfriend called."

"We both know I am anything but his favorite," I try to get out of this conversation, strolling to my desk, but he follows me like a fucking annoying puppy that seems friendly but wants to bite.

"Is that true? For all I know, he became all flustered and nervous when Eunji heard the conversation."

"How did she hear the conversation?" I ask, feigning indifference.

"Let me tell you," his voice becomes pitched as he rests his ass on my desk, supporting himself on his leg, "So, she was in his office, right?"

"Right," I mistakenly encourage him.

"And he was all busy with God knows what, then he got the magical call." he pouts his lips, and my urge to hit him turns feral, "Eunji was there because he had to sign some papers for her, but since his veiny, rather large hands were busy.."

"Are you sure you're not gay?" I interrupt him, but he ignores my question, giving me a dead stare.

"... he pressed the speaker button. The rest is history, as romanticists say. Your Jungkookie spilled the tea in the most gracious way, and that's when Pedro left everything he was working on to save you from a gossip that, let's admit, was funny and inevitable."

Guess my intuition compass is not broken after all.

"Why the hell did Eunji feel the need to share this with the whole team?"

"Ah, easy. She hates your guts." he gets up and drops the bomb as if it is nothing.

"Because?"

"Come fucking on, Mary Magdalene."