Alex said that while putting the glasses of drink that the waiter brought them in front of us.

"which girl?"
Lucy said that while looking at Alex and drink her drink.

"three months ago they said that she brought a girl with experience to help her company to survive, she was going to go bankrupt because ... you know...Selina is not smart enough to manage Company, but with the presence of that new girl, the company's situation began to improve, and now, it seems that Selena is dating that girl.

"Dating a girl who works in her office...wow  I wouldn't rule that out, especially if the girl is pretty"
I said that while looking at the time on my phone.

" as I heard, that girl very beautiful and intelligent, so yeah... i will not be surprised if the rumors true "
Alex said that and put the drink glass in her hand on the table after she finished it.

"Well, I have to go, I'm bored, congratulations Alex, you deserve everything you have now, goodnight girls"
I said that and started to collect my things then i left.

Many things have changed during those years, but I still don't like being in one place for a long time or doing something constantly, I like change and get bored quickly, I'll be honest with you, all those years ago I was trying to change some things about myself but I couldn't So I decided to accept myself as I am, I know that I am a difficult person to deal with, but this is me... I cannot change myself.

it's late now and tomorrow is another boring day with a busy schedule. Sometimes I feel like I've left the best times of my life behind me, but when I remember the dirty things I used to do i think god for who i'm now ...yes I haven't completely changed but now I know that I was a bad person and that always hunt me... my only refuge is the beach.  Even though that place reminds me of her, I can't find peace anywhere else. Before she disappeared, she left me a safe zone. I'm grateful for the opportunity that brought us together one day, but I'm glad she was able to move on...I pray she did it without suffering because of me.... she literally deserves better.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"On Sunday we will have a business meeting with the Gomez family."
My father said this to break the silence while we were at a family dinner after a long and busy day of meetings.

"Gomez!...I thought their company had gone bankrupt."
my mom said that while drinking from the glass in her hand.

"Yah, they were on the verge of bankruptcy, but now they are doing well."

"Why should we put working with them In mind? ... We do not need them and we can work with much bigger companies and investors."
I said this in surprise because for the first time my father has made a useless decision.

"Tom is my friend and he asked me to help him.... also, why do you seem uncomfortable with the idea?
His daughter was with you at university, which means you two know each other."
My father said that and sipped from the glass of wine in his hand with a look that told me he wasn't talking about it to get my opinion. He had taken his decision indeed.

"You know that there is no place for feelings and friendships at work, right, my dad?"
I said that and I was trying to remind him that he was the one who said that. Not always.

"If we can help a friend, why wouldn’t we?
Sam, tom is like my brother and we won’t discussing helping him"

"well, do what you find appropriate."
I said that and started scrolling through my phone, to avoid saying something that I would regret later.

" Thank you, Sam."
My father said that and then left the dining table to make a call.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Sunday's meeting was a waste of time and more like a donation meeting to help a company that has no value in the market compared to our company. I don't know why my father made me go through this, and what made it worse was the presence of annoying Selena.

"That's all for today's meeting."
I said this and closed the laptop in front of me.

  "We did not agree on this. The agreement was that you would invest 50% of the shares,
not just 15 %."
Selena said that with clear annoyance. We invest what.

"The company has no value in the market and your sales are bad. You have no reputation and no money to survive in the market. You must  Thank you for associating our name with you"
i said that to remind her about their true situation.

"We have a plan, we have someone working to attract foreign investors and should I remind you that we have already survived bankruptcy, we are on the right path and even your father the well-known businessman a trusts us so you are here"
Selena said that seriously while looking me straight in the eyes.

" Yeah, I heard about the foreign expert in your company, and I feel sorry for that girl. She is wasting her reputation and her time betting on a losing horse, also believe me, i'm not here because my dad true you...anyway, i will make visit to your company next, I want to see what I invested my money in, and you must also take the responsibility of being associated with our company into consideration. In the end, it will not be good if it does not do well."
I said that and left the meeting room, and I could feel her eyes penetrating my back as if they were bullets. You don’t know how much I love insulting her.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The week went by without anything interesting. I was so bored that I was excited to go to Gomez Company to have some fun insulting thier babygirl Selena.
Don't get me wrong but that woman is a piece of shit and her father used his friendship with my father to get help and now people are questioning our level of intelligence to accept  Golms family offer....maybe my father can ignore it but not me.

I parked my car in front of Gomez Company, thinking of ways to create drama and insult them. When I entered the company, I was greeted and told to wait in Selena’s office because she was in a meeting.
It was clear that the company was facing financial problems. The number of employees was small, while the offices were flooded with files that one person could not complete. The company was dying ...that's why they begged my father for help, but it was a good thing that I did not give them what they wanted.
A triumphant smile appeared on my face because now I had something to complain about, and I considered it an excuse to scold Selena and mocking her.

"You know that I am now committed to another company.... sorry Jane but I cannot accept your offer.... also you know about my father health condition, i need  to take  care of him."
While I was waiting, I heard the voice of a girl speaking on the phone in English, with a British accent and a deep voice the girl opened the door for a woman who seemed older than her, that woman  was holding Files. That woman placed the files on Selena’s desk while that girl was still talking on the phone... i couldn't see the girl because the office behind the do so You can't see who's at the door if they don't enter the office

"Would you like me to get you another cup of coffee?"
The woman who entered the office with the files said that with respect and sweet smile

“No thanks.”
I said coldly that because I was trying to focus on the girl voice was talking on the phone, but it looks like she has already finished her call.
Don't get me wrong, but I swear her voice sounds familiar.

"Okay, Mrs. Marry, let's go finish what we have because my father is waiting for me."
The girl who was talking on the phone said that while still standing at the door. I wanted to see her out of curiosity.

" If you need anything, you can tell me ms boss"
That lady, Marry, said that and bowed out of respect.

Then suddenly....

" there's guests waiting in the Ms. Selena offi....."
Finally, the girl who was talking on the phone entered the office and ....FUCK FUCK FUCKKK ....i didn't see that coming.

.
.
.
.
thank you for the kind and warm words, i hope you will enjoy the chapter ❤