12 - Unto Reality and Sacrament

"You were right. He's back."

In the time since Aizen had last set foot inside the forest below the pale sands of Hueco Mundo the light of Tower Vare had grown twice as bright – spreading out across the moss-covered sands and illuminating the mildewed stone of the pathway through its depths. Many Hollows fled to hide within the stone or ran from their shelter and escaped its hold, terrified of what might be brought with the arrival of such a powerful reiatsu. The bravest watched in petrified awe at distance. Despite the years that had passed, a fair number recognized the new arrival – aided by the minor shift in the Shinigami's appearance since his departure: namely, a pair of black rimmed glasses.

"Yo. 'Been a long time. Shinigami." Rymenocc greeted Aizen at the archway with clenched teeth. The Shinigami moved to speak only to be interrupted.
"Why don'tcha wait here with me. Not like you're going to be waiting long for them to show up." With one hand upon the yellow-wrapped hilt of his Zanpakuto, Rymenocc stepped in front and barricaded Aizen from stepping past the threshold. No passage would be granted peacefully without the arrival of another.

"It has been some time. Not much appears to have changed, I assume that means it has been peaceful?" Aizen asked, responding to the thinly-veiled threat with calm words and narrowed eyes.

"Yeah, imagine that. Without a Shinigami around, there's been nearly a decade of peace." Rymenocc said, looking down at the man in front of him who responded with a half-contained frustration.

"I'm glad." Aizen said with a tilt of his head and a blink and his expression returned to its calm norm.

"You're glad?" Ryemenoc snorted in reply, "Don't speak as though a Shinigami would ever care about the fate of Hollows."

"What's with the two swords? I don't remember you having two Zanpakuto." No time for an answer, he turned to look over his shoulder, away from Aizen's unchanged expression, "There they are."
Nallundra walked up the path from the fields, dressed in a flower-adorned tan kosode and plain green hakama with her hair tied in a high ponytail that bounced behind her increasing pace. A few paces behind, Bylosse followed. He wore a brown cloak trimmed with yellow thread in an overly-ornate pattern of swirls along its edges – embellishment from Soujimaru, no doubt. The off-white kosode and ochre hakama he wore were simple; more akin to what he wore years ago while highlighting the striking red of his irises.

"Hey." Bylosse said, waving a hand for a moment towards Aizen as Nallundra met the two and Rymenocc stepped aside, not far behind. Aizen returned the greeting with more reservation. Nallundra stopped and waited for Bylosse to approach and also found that Koukou had appeared from the depths of Bosque Santuario, walking at his side.

"It's been a while, Aizen. We weren't sure you'd ever return." Bylosse said as he approached Rymenocc's side.

"Honestly, I thought that maybe the Shinigami realized you were no good and executed you," Nallundra said with a chime in her voice, earning a soft jab from the red-headed Arrancar as he walked up.

"You're not too far off," Aizen replied, amused at her cruel remark, "It was difficult not to attract attention at first. I came away from Bosque Santuario thinking that I was weak, yet instead found that I had to hold back at every turn. You are all truly fascinating."

"Yeah, your spiritual pressure is way higher than any Shinigami I've ever encountered." Nallundra's teasing demeanor failed to mask the entirety of the perplexion and a hint of fear in her voice. Her purple eyes met his and her furred ears dropped. Amusement left his face and was replaced by that same calm expression. Despite the lack of animosity she knew she had said something wrong – and it wasn't the joke about execution. Something made her turn away.