09 - Reflecting Elysium

Light from outside slowly brightened the room as Tower Vare stirred from its slumber, illuminating the two figures sitting upon the red fabric of the couch at the room's center.

The smaller figure, who wore a mask that covered her eyes, recounted a tale to the other. The other chuckled in reply and recounted a tale in turn, earning a soft laugh from the masked figure. Their exchange was interrupted by the loud sliding of the opening door.

Nallundra entered, looking haggard and bowed. "Lady Koukou, I was looking everywhere for you. I didn't think you would still be here."

"Wait," The revelation of the situation grew.

"Have you two been in here all night?" Nallundra's question was asked with an air of bewilderment and a hint of disdain, but she did not wait for a response, "Kaisett needs your assistance."

"Right. Nallundra, please accompany me." Koukou rose to her feet and walked towards the still-open door, much to the other Hollow's purse-lipped confusion. Nallundra's scrutinizing violet eyes looked at Aizen then back to her leader as she walked past.

"Thank you for your company, Aizen." Koukou said, and he bowed his head in a half-nod as she left. Nallundra hesitated to follow as she considered why Koukou was asking her to ignore a previous order. Their leader was not known to give contradictory commands, so it was apparent to the bunny-eared Hollow that the new order overwrote the first. Deciding to save her questions for later, Nallundra followed Koukou, leaving Aizen alone.

The room itself was astonishingly barren outside of the couch that Aizen sat upon and the table in front of it. It made for an uncluttered and sterile room that could hardly be believed to be used for planning anything more than the simplest of things, something he had noted the first time he stepped foot into the room over a year ago. It made sense to keep him away from what their actual goals were. Even Koukou, who spoke freely of her wants, had omitted a great deal of information when speaking. Neither seemed to acknowledge the twinge of dishonesty from the other, as though they both understood its necessity. Trust was not something that would come easily between Hollows and Shinigami.

Even when he asked Koukou to train him several years ago, he was fully prepared for death to come instead of agreement. The lack of trust did make him feel like an outsider – which, admittedly, he was. Despite this unspoken tension, Koukou had said she would help him change the Soul Society with so little hesitation that it had caught him by complete surprise. More than that, their conversation was the first time he had felt as though he belonged, if only for a moment. Ironic that it was a Hollow that made him feel less isolated.

Aizen smiled. A single memory returned to him when he'd been asked what he wanted; they were on the same side, at least for now. Sensing the two women no longer, Aizen decided to get up. It was time to use his newfound freedom to explore Bosque Santuario.

Kaisett rose as Nallundra and Koukou entered the dimly lit room with walls lined with books. When they were done with their greetings, Nallundra teased with a wink that its target could not perceive, "I didn't know you were into Shinigami."

"I am not sure I understand." Koukou said without a hint of emotion.

"I've only spent the entire night with one man in the past few centuries, and you know how that turned out." Nallundra said.

Koukou replied with pensive silence.

Kaisett grew bored of Nallundra's petty pageantry and opened the door in the back of the room followed by the eyeless-Hollow. Nallundra sighed before following them into the carved staircase illuminated only by a faint flame at the bottom. Stairs unfolded to a room that was over double the size of the room above, resulting in a cozy but uncramped space.

Monsters We Became { Bleach Aizen Sousuke Fanfiction }जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें