(Hyra! Where is Hyra?)

Kubra gave him a sharp look on his question. "Uswa se jake pucho." She told him.

(Go and ask Uswa.)

•••

Hayder stopped outside Dawar's office, his knuckles hovering above the polished wood. With a resigned sigh, he rapped his knuckles gently on the door.

"Come in," A voice called from inside.

Hayder entered, finding Dawar seated behind a sleek desk, his expression guarded. The air seemed to thicken with unresolved tension as their eyes met,

Without a word, Hayder extended the glasses case towards Dawar, who took it with a surprised glance. Dawar's fingers brushed over the case, his gaze softening as he recognized the familiar accessory.

"Hyra ghar pe hi bhool gayi thi, I thought maybe she would need it. Iske sath hi itna girti rehti hai, iska beena toh pata nahi kya banega uska." Hayder finally spoke, his voice husky.

(Hyra forgot this at home. She already bumps into almost everything with specs, don't know how would she manage without them.)

Dawar's lips twitched, a hint of a smile tugging at the corners. "Thank you."

With a nod, Hayder left the office, the door clicking softly shut behind him.

"Tumhara kya banega?" Dawar asked to himself, looking at the door.

(What should I do to you?)

•••

Uswa sat on a wooden bench, her gaze lost in thought. The fragrant scent of blooming flowers lingered in the air, but even their beauty couldn't dispel the cloud of sadness that enveloped her. She has called Hyra uncountable numbers of time, but every time, no one received the call. She started to get worried.

Rafey watched from a distance, concern visible on his face. His heart ached to see her this way, whatever the reasons are, he didn't like gloomy Uswa. He wanted to bring back her smile, to light up her world, but how? That he was confused about.

Taking a deep breath, Rafey decided to talk her properly about what's bothering her.

Clearing his throat, Rafey sat beside her, which startled her. She did smile in his presence, but it didn't reached her eyes.

"Alright, batao kya hua hai?" Crossing his arms over his chest, Rafey asked.

(Tell me what happened?)

"What?"

"Tumhare chup hone ki wajah. Batao kya hua?"

(The reason behind your silence. Tell me what happened?)

"Kuch bhi nahi."

(Nothing.)

"Uswa!" In a warning tone, Rafey called her.

"Hyra mera phone nahi utha rahi." Uswa confesses, in a low voice.

(Hyra isn't receiving my call.)

"Toh uppar jake baat karlo ussey."

(Then go upstairs and talk to her.)

Rafey's suggestion made Uswa lower her head. "Hyra uppar nahi hai."

(Hyra isn't upstairs.)

"Kaha gayi?"

(Where she is?)

"Kya hua, mujhe batao. Jab tak bataogi nahi sab theek kaise hoga." Holding Uswa's hand, Rafey asked her.

(What happened, tell me. How would I solve your problem if you won't tell me.)