𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

August 24th, 2020.
Oxford, UK.

Alexandra POV

My uncles voice kept repeating the same thing over and over again in my mind, "I want you to leave now, I want you to just pack up and go.".

I wiped my tears from my eyes before I hesitantly logged out of my work email and closing my mac. I turned off the tv as I slowly stood up.

My life had just taken a huge 180, a twist of events as I call it. I had absolutely no idea what to do about anything at the moment.

I had no idea what to even say to anyone about this sudden and drastic move either. But I knew that we have to go soon and be gone hopefully before my uncle passed.

Not that they would do the will read immediately, but because he told me to leave as soon as possible.

I walked into the kitchen and over to the fridge. I grabbed a water bottle before shutting the door and letting out a sigh that I didn't realize I was holding.

I shook off any thoughts from my mind before hearing my phone ring. I was nervous on who was calling me.

I walked over to the couch and grabbed my phone to see a missed call from Clayton.

brother

brother:
Hey
call me when you can.

Me:
Hey I have a lot going on.
I'll call when I have a moment,
but it might not be for a couple days

brother:
Oh?
That's fine,
just call me whenever

Me:
Sorry,
I feel bad for not being able to chat

brother:
It's all good Alex

"He never calls me Alex", I thought to myself and mentally groaned to myself.

I want to talk to him, I want to tell him everything, but I don't have the energy. I already have to go and tell Leighton's parents about the move.

I don't want to drive though, I also don't want to pull Tatum out just to drive up there. I groaned mentally as I grabbed my phone and water before walking outside.

I made my way to the small patio couch before sitting down and ringing up Leighton's mum.

"Hey Alex, what's going on?", I hear her mum ask as I never call. I do but not like this.

"Hi Marianna, I have unfortunate news", I say before putting my phone on speaker and just barely hear her say something.

"I'm putting you on speaker", she says and I nodded a little.

"Hi Alex, we're both here", Holden says and I smile a little.

I loved Leighton's parents as if they were my own. I always thought of them as my third parents, it was them, the Olsen's and my parents.

"Okay so good news, I was offered a huge job opportunity. Bad news is it's in the States, I am taking over for my uncle effective immediately. Tatum and I have to leave as soon as possible", I explain to them and they both were quiet for a moment.

"We have to move", I say before hearing Marianna say, "It may hurt us to say to go and leave, but we both know that you need this.".

"We actually were planning to sell the house here and travel for a while, do things that we know that Leighton wished she could do. So move, do it. Take that leap, we'll always come and visit, we also know that you will visit as well. Plus Isaac has been doing very well at his job and Isabella has been doing amazing in school. And I'm sure they'll come visit whenever they can too", Holden says and I laugh a little as I look at the sky.