𝚜𝚒𝚡

Alexandra POV

"Alexandra, you can't keep hiding from everything because of your fear of the unknown. You need to take that leap of faith", Leighton says and I just ignored her as I drank my tea.

I'm not afraid to know the truth, I'm not afraid of the unknown. I'm more afraid of the consequences that follow behind the truth.

I just sipped on my tea when she caught the hint that I was over this whole discussion. She walked over to her pantry and sighed a little.

"I need a lot of groceries, are you sure Alex?", she asked me slightly skeptical that I would pay for all of her things.

"It's fine Leigh", I tell her and she sighed a little.

"I don't want you to have help though, it's not fair of me to ask", she says a little sadly and I just shook my head.

"One I am offering and two I would do it regardless on if you want me to or not", I tell her and she glares at me.

"Plus I don't feel like going home or getting into any arguments today. So let me help, you can pay me back if you truly feel guilty. But I don't mind, and out of anyone you should know that", I tell her and she just nodded slightly.

"I will pay you back", she says before adding, "Eventually, maybe I'll get Isaac to send you the money back for now".

I just smiled at her as she grabbed something from the fridge.

I watched as she closed the fridge and turned back around with a yogurt in her hands. I just smiled as she went to eat her own breakfast.

"So should we go to Tesco or Aldi?", I ask her and she hums as she eats.

"I think going to Tesco is the best option, make a day trip out of it and go to Manchester. Go get lunch and just spend the day there before coming back?", I say to her and she nodded as she finished her yogurt.

"We could do that yeah, I'd like to go into town town", she says and I laugh a little at her.

"But where would we have lunch?", she asks me and I shrug a little.

"Cause I am slightly craving fish and chips", she says and I laugh a little.

"We could go to the fish hut? It's close to a tesco?", I say to her and she nodded a little.

"Okay yeah, I am down then", she says and I smiled brightly at her. We haven't take a trip like this in a little while, so I am a little excited to go.

I felt my phone go off in my pocket and I slowly took it out before reading the name "brother".

I pushed myself from the counter and went to walk out of the kitchen.

"Where are you going?", I hear Leighton ask from behind me and I froze before turning around a little.

"Phone call, I'll be right back. I'm just going to step out front", I tell her and she just nodded as I went to walk back out.

I realized that I missed his call and sent him a text.

brother

Me:
Dude,
It's eight in the morning..
In the UK...
Why are you calling me?

brother:
I need to ask you something.

Me:
Mhm okay then call me back

brother:
I was going to spam until you answered

Me:
Of course you were

I walked out the front door before sitting down on the top steps of her front porch. I had my eyes glued on my phone when it rang again.