chapter twelve

012make me lose controlseason two, episode three !

012
make me lose control
season two, episode three !

"Kelly Roche, 23 years old, in for a scheduled ETS for treatment of erythrophobia with hyperpyrexia." Alex presented, as the interns gathered around the patient's bed.

Izzie furrowed her brow, whispering to the woman beside her, "Erythrophobia?" She asked.

"Blushing." Marnie simplified.

Dr. Bailey turned to Kelly, giving her a warm smile. "Do you have any questions about the procedure?"

"Doctor," Kelly exhaled, bringing her hand up to fan herself as her cheeks flushed a dark shade of red, and the heat rushed to her face. "Dr. Shepherd explained everything. He was very— helpful. He gave me some— sorry."

Alex smirked, leaning in closer to the patient. "Don't be." He assured her, "Half the patients that that come through here have the hots for Shepherd."

"Dr. Karev."

The rest of the room froze, watching his proud look falter, unamused. "What?" He frowned, folding his arms, "It's true!"

The resident decided to ignore his comment, more concerned about the pager that was going off in her pocket. She reached for it, holding it between her fingers as she read it out. "There's a new surgical case coming up from the pit, likely diverticulitis. Let's go!"

The group shared a look, all collectively raising their brows before they sprinted out of the the room, following Dr. Bailey down the hall.

"Watch it!" They heard a scream, coming to a halt and watching as the presumed patient was being wheeled in on a gurney, clearly in distress. "Get your hands off me! I could report you to the chief and you'd be out on your ass!"

As she got a closer look at the patient, Marnie titled her head to the side. She looked awfully familiar, but she just couldn't put her finger on who it was.

"Where's the chief?" The woman screamed.

A lump formed in Cristina's throat as she looked down at the patient chart. "Complaining of intermittent cramping, pain and diarrhoea. Also suffers from—"

"Amateurs!"

"—Alzheimer's."

"The patient's name?" Bailey asked, turning to a flustered Cristina, who almost looked as though she'd seen a ghost. "Yang, the patient's name?" She repeated.