Chapter 10: Surprise Engagement

After their graduation trip, Amelia and Oliver, being the former president and vice president of the student council, was invited to be in charge of the graduate student association since no one else in their grade had wanted to run for it. They were suppose to be in charge of different activities and the preparation of the graduation ceremony. They spent a part of winter break discussing the theme and had the theme ready by the time winter break ended. After school started, in order to prepare for the ceremony and to come up with ideas for the activities, most of the weekdays they had to stay after school.

On the first week of February, Oliver and Liam were sitting together taking care of the data from a survey they did about student's interests in different activities. Liam looked around, checking for something, before turning to Oliver.

"Did you get a Valentine's Day gift yet?" Liam half whispered. Oliver chuckled.

"Of course. Don't tell me you haven't," Liam blew a raspberry.

"I have a gift, but I don't know if it's good enough," Liam replied. Oliver scrunched his nose and smiled.

"You probably know this already since she's your girlfriend, but Sienna probably doesn't mind it. It's the thoughts that count, right?" Oliver hit save as he finished and printed it out. Liam followed him, deep in thought.

"What did you get her anyways?" Oliver asked, curious. The tip of Liam's ears turned pink.

"Secret. What did you get Amelia?" Liam picked up the printed data and put it in their folder. The two walked towards some others working on signs to help.

"Secret," Oliver added before the two of them sat down.

___________________

Valentine's Day landed on the weekends this year. In the morning, Amelia surprised Oliver with a new set of headphones that he wanted. Oliver cooked a nice meal and brought a cake from Amelia's favorite bakery in the afternoon. The two had a candlelit dinner and snuggled on the couch after for a movie night with cheesy romance movies. By the time the movie ended, it was getting late. Oliver turned his head around, only to see Amelia sleeping with her head resting on his shoulder. Oliver smiled affectionately at her and gently moved around so he could pick her up bridal style. He kissed her on the forehead, pushing a random stray strand of hair behind her ears. Amelia tried to hide her blush, but she most likely failed as she heard Oliver chuckle. She opened her eyes slowly.

"Thought you fell asleep," Oliver said as he set her down on her bed. Amelia sat up but turned her head, too shy to meet his eyes. Oliver chuckled and leaned down. Amelia slowly turned, feeling him move. Their faces inches apart, Oliver suddenly lowered his head more and put a necklace on her. It was a ring on silver chain. The ring was a pink heart shaped gem stone with small circular diamonds surrounding it. Amelia looked at the necklace, surprised.

"Happy Valentine's," Oliver whispered. Amelia smiled and hugged him, pulling him closer.

"Happy Valentine's Day," Amelia replied. She kissed him, slowly falling back on to her bed, allowing Oliver to fall on top of her. Oliver smiled between kisses, his hand resting at the small of her back. Amelia gently pressed his head so she could kiss him better. Her legs wrapped around Oliver's torso, their bodies pressing against each other.

"You're playing with fire," Oliver smirked. Amelia smiled and shrugged before continuing to kiss him.

"I love you,"

"I love you too,"

___________

Liam had asked Sienna out on Valentine's Day. He was definitely nervous for what's to come but hopefully everything will go smoothly. In the afternoon, he took her to an escape room, which Sienna was very excited for. They ended up making it three minutes before the time. After that, they headed towards his lake house.